PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my 400

400exrida06
03-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Ok the other day i was at the track riding around and it was really rough and i was bouncing all over the place, so i come of this one jump and after i land the quad starts sputtering as if it were out of gas, so i put it on reserve and restarted it and got off the track and i checked and i still had like half a tank of gas, so i continue on my way home and everytime i pin it around the 3/4 plus throttle range it starts popping and sputtering, someone said it could that my main jet is loose so im going to check it tomorrow but does anybody have any other ideas? thanks

400exrida06
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
One other thing I forgot to mention was when i got home i checked my oil and my dipstick looks really weird, its like its bent or somethin and i have no clue how this happend lol.

ohsobad_chevy
03-28-2006, 08:29 PM
About the dipstick being bent, that is a new one on me. The problem mentioned first is either bad gas, jet, or your air filter needs to be cleaned.
Let us know what the problem was.

jsmith2232
03-29-2006, 06:45 AM
this might sound kinda stupid but was your choke off all of the way, it will do that if your choke is on half way. Also try taking your jets off and blowing them out, maybe something is stuck in them.

400exrida06
03-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Yup the choke was off, i'm not sure if the gas is old i've ridden it quite abit and just got some and filled it up but maybe the place i pikced up the gas from has old gas, but it ran perfect through 1/2 of that tank. And i'l post a pic. of the dipstick its pretty weird looking now lol.