View Full Version : Axis Shock Question?

310r
03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
I bought a yz426 hybrid that is setup for xc, it has 250r custom axis shocks all around. The rear shock is a cr500 link (stndrd travel) and front dual rate (stndrd travel). The rear has a hypercoil spring and the fronts are just the normal red axis springs. My question is are the hypercoil springs worth putting on the front shocks? Also what is the differenc between the two? Or should i just leave the front springs the way they are?? Somebody please help me out!!! thanks

hontrx265r
03-28-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't know much about your question, however I do have a hypercoil spring that is dark blue It is for an axis shock, brandnew I'll sell it cheap if you want to try some different setups, I have no use for it its been in the tube for two years on the shelf.

fandl450r
03-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 310r
I bought a yz426 hybrid that is setup for xc, it has 250r custom axis shocks all around. The rear shock is a cr500 link (stndrd travel) and front dual rate (stndrd travel). The rear has a hypercoil spring and the fronts are just the normal red axis springs. My question is are the hypercoil springs worth putting on the front shocks? Also what is the differenc between the two? Or should i just leave the front springs the way they are?? Somebody please help me out!!! thanks

Axis uses a variety of springs for different valving and weight set ups. Hyperco is one company they use for springs, along with Eibach. You won't gain anything by switching springs of the same spring weight.

Jersey450R
03-30-2006, 05:24 AM
are you talking about the titanium springs?