PDA

View Full Version : Artic Cat 90 XC Mods?

47501exracer
03-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey I'm looking to mod my daughters AC 90 into an XC machine. First off is there an adjustable CDI on this machine to make it rev higher? I don't want to fork over a ton of $ to get her started yet so my mod list is short for now. I know I need new rims and tires...what is the correct size and does anyone have used sets for sale? I don't plan on doing any engine work, pipe or shocks yet as I don't know how she'll like racing.

Charlie Welches' mom I talked to you in the hotel in North Carolina...remember?

47501exracer
03-31-2006, 07:33 PM
nobody can help?

quadmom97
04-07-2006, 06:35 AM
We have been trying to mod a artic cat 90 for a while im not sure about the cdi box but I do know it is very hard to find parts to modify a AC,The easiest and less expensive way is smaller sproket size it is the way to go if you can find one or have one made.

Also i would check with your racing association some have opened a beginner 90cc stock class then you dont have to mod at all and you can see if your daughter likes it before spending too much.

mxdad
04-07-2006, 08:14 AM
I am pretty sure that the 03 Arctic Cat 90 is the same as the DRR so you can get a high rev CDI from DRR the website is drrinc.com.

Also there is a member on here named Arctic Cat Dad that could probably help you a lot in the xc racing department. Search for him and email or pm him.

Arctic Cat Dad
04-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Hi ecracer,

The sky is the limit on these AC quads. The parts are very easy to find. We deal with Hetrickracing. They treat the boy right. You just tell them what you are looking to do in performance mods and they will set everything right up. That is Hetrickracing.com.

Yes the drr and the Bomb and the cat are the same quads.

The cdi is a limiting cdi. you can get 1 from DRR or order 1 from Hetrick but theirs needs a tether kill switch to go with it. Which I like alot.Good saftey feature.

Are all the restricters off the quad.Like the large rear sprocket.Most all mini's are like 28t-30t rears.You have to remove the restricter in between the 2 front pully halves It's a small spacer between the 2 pully halves.

I run 19" ITP mxers on douglas alum. up front and 18" Carlisle Snow hog on the rear also on dougles.This combo is what we all run in the Nationals. I like it.

The Arctic Cat can be built into a wicked machine when their ready for it. If you need any help just let me know I buily mine from the ground up myself. What I didn't know I asked just like you,most folks on here will answer your questions.

charles welch
04-10-2006, 05:36 AM
this is Charlie Welch's father and we run a Bombardiar which is set up very similar to artic cat dad quad ...We go through midwestmoto.com