PDA

View Full Version : MX mods on a budget?

ranger400ex1994
03-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Well my wife just had a baby 2 months ago and i was lucky enough to still get my left over 05 450. Now i have handle bars nerf bars kill switch and all that stuff already. I don't any mods for my 450r yet but i am planing on either doing the HRC kit or just a full system pipe or slip on and getting a intake. Now i do trail ride this bike more then i race and the MX tracks i race at are pretty tight with a few open straight aways. I am just kinda worryed about the hrc cam and loseing the low end i love. really i just want it get in the 40+ hp range for as cheap as i can get away with. if i just pipe it now i was planing on getting a 11.5.1 compression piston and HRC cam probably at the end or begining of next year. what do you think?

motox450
04-02-2006, 01:03 PM
depends on how cheap you want to go. If i were you I would go with a stage 2 hotcam, hrc needle, do the rest of the hrc mods yourself. There is a FAQ on www.trx450r.org that tells you how. Then I would go with a Dr. D slip-on. You can find them used for around 150-170 and they are great. I would also get a sparks racing filter kit and you are set.