PDA

View Full Version : what do u think the world will be like 40 years from now?

quads14589
03-28-2006, 06:30 PM
there will be no more gas prolly. quads will be long gone and i think that china will take over. its goin to be bad for us young kids that will be 60 when this time comes

miller821
03-28-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't think China will be ruling.... And defintely quads won't be gone, maybe ones that take gas.... Anything could happen though, maybe the world will have a nuclear fight, maybe depression, maybe nothing..... You never know.

quads14589
03-28-2006, 06:33 PM
idk tho but im gonna sstock up on gas. :devil:

BlasterEaten250
03-28-2006, 06:40 PM
hopefully someone will find a secret oil place on mars. and gas prices will go down to 40 cents. I heard somewhere on tv that some scientists are predicting that if we keep using oil the way we do right now, we will run out in roughly 100 years. I just hope those ugly, stupid sounding hybrids dont take over. Or those hydrogen cars. Those things are so ugly and slow, and they sound like rice rockets wearing tight pants.

03-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Someone told me that there is a slight chance that the moon may have oil on it. Where he heard this, I do not know. But you never know.

quads14589
03-28-2006, 06:46 PM
lmao

Sjorge450R
03-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
hopefully someone will find a secret oil place on mars. and gas prices will go down to 40 cents. I heard somewhere on tv that some scientists are predicting that if we keep using oil the way we do right now, we will run out in roughly 100 years. I just hope those ugly, stupid sounding hybrids dont take over. Or those hydrogen cars. Those things are so ugly and slow, and they sound like rice rockets wearing tight pants.

some of those hybrids are pretty fast......

fmfhonda
03-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Yea I hope they find more gas!!! Idk they might come up with something cooler though.

03-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Hybrids will never be accepted in the United States fully. Hydrogen, nor water carries what every man wants..Power. Once oil and gas are gone, men are likely to turn gay and drive Hybrids.

tp300ex
03-28-2006, 07:10 PM
all i know is i dont wont to be alive when this $hit happens and dont wont my kids to go threw it lol:rolleyes:

chunky
03-28-2006, 07:16 PM
in 40 years from now every billboard in the world will read the same message "JOHNRULZ"

hrc
03-28-2006, 07:21 PM
I hope that they out law regular gas cars and trucks my self and make it manditory to hybrids. I look at cars and trucks as trasportaion. As long sand I can ride my quad I couldny care less about how fast cars can go. Also all the exhuast is bad for thr enviroment.

zeppelin
03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
with the way people are acting now, i doubt we will be aroung in 40 years.

(i am not refferring to the war either)

o4250
03-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Shi tty.

03-28-2006, 08:10 PM
There better be cars that can fly and hover and ****, or I'll be pissed.

400exrules
03-28-2006, 08:16 PM
prob alot of historical events, but nothing major like everyone predicts....just look at the past 60 years, then the past 60 years...etc....technology will slowly advance, and people will adapt to it. maybe a few wars also

MichaelS693
03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
there will be no more gas prolly. quads will be long gone and i think that china will take over. its goin to be bad for us young kids that will be 60 when this time comes

it will be over:(

SGA
03-29-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
prob alot of historical events, but nothing major like everyone predicts....just look at the past 60 years, then the previous 60 years...etc....technology will slowly advance, and people will adapt to it. maybe a few wars also

I agree. People will adapt no matter what happens.

Also I feel there will be less disease as medical researchers find cures.

ilpadrino113
03-29-2006, 09:47 AM
if they run out of gas hybrids won't be around. A hybrid still requires gasoline to run. There will hydrogen and electric. And hybrid cars can make more power than a gasoline car, but noone has made one yet. If a gasoline engine makes 200hp and they make it a hybrid with a 25hp electric motor, the hp and tq go up. The reason the cars are slower is not from lack of power but from the extra weight of the electric motor. If light weight materials are used, hybrids would be faster. Although i would never drive a hybrid, there's is no substitute for the big block v-8

Scott-300ex
03-29-2006, 01:17 PM
We won't run out of gas. We already got 70 years of gas stocked away for the US.

I don't think it will be different, just some fights between countries and new inventions and inflation.

In 1966-2006 thats all that went on. Don't expect jet packs and all that.

zeppelin
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
i just thought up some major stuff that will most likely happen

Castro will finally die
ethanol will be huge
LA will break away from the rest of the continental u.s.
CD's will become ancient technology
the U.S. may or may not become libral enough to be classified as communist
we will either have a black president or everyone will be sued for being racist

jt195
03-29-2006, 02:38 PM
arent they making some kind or trying to make some kind of fuel out of corn...i heard its not quite as explosive as gasoline

MOFO
03-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
We won't run out of gas. We already got 70 years of gas stocked away for the US.

I don't think it will be different, just some fights between countries and new inventions and inflation.

In 1966-2006 thats all that went on. Don't expect jet packs and all that.

70 years??? Do you realize how much fuel the US consumes each day????

Lets see some facts. I dont buy that one bit...

quads14589
03-29-2006, 02:53 PM
ya my dads fuel tank on his truck is a good 26 gallons

zeppelin
03-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by jt195
arent they making some kind or trying to make some kind of fuel out of corn...i heard its not quite as explosive as gasoline
thats ethenol

Originally posted by MOFO
70 years??? Do you realize how much fuel the US consumes each day????

Lets see some facts. I dont buy that one bit...
he is right, they have many reseves in Alaska, and in the gulf of mexico.

MOFO
03-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
thats ethenol

he is right, they have many reseves in Alaska, and in the gulf of mexico.

Not enough to run the entire country - including everyones cars. That is more of a strategic oil reserve.

Again, I'd like to see an actual link showing factual information please.

quads14589
03-29-2006, 03:09 PM
plus oil to heat houses and gas in ct is goin to be 3 dollars a gallon in the summer!!!:eek2:

zeppelin
03-29-2006, 03:09 PM
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/searchdetail.aspx?this is conservative because we actualy know of more places where oil is in louisiana, but the government put crazy tax on oil in the '70s to dicourage people from drilling for it here. so that number is likely to only 1/3 or less of what we really have.

RaptorRacer45
03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
I dont see 2 much changing besides Fuel prices going higher and higher......but w\ todays world there might not even be a world in 40 years.......The Earth might just blow Up, who knows.....i really dont have an logical guess right now:huh

quads14589
03-29-2006, 03:13 PM
the us consumes around 50,000 barrels a day or more

MOFO
03-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/searchdetail.aspx?this is conservative because we actualy know of more places where oil is in louisiana, but the government put crazy tax on oil in the '70s to dicourage people from drilling for it here. so that number is likely to only 1/3 or less of what we really have.

That link didnt work.

Now I could see the US having 70 plus years available to drill and process, however we dont have 70 years "stocked" away in a "reserve".

I guess that was the point I was asking about.

03-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Quads wont make motor noises. Music will come out of the exhaust.

Then they will get rid of it the next year cuz of all the arguments at the starting gates.

"Get a quiet core dick i cant hear Garth!"

RaptorRacer45
03-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
Quads wont make motor noises. Music will come out of the exhaust.

Then they will get rid of it the next year cuz of all the arguments at the starting gates.

"Get a quiet core dick i cant hear Garth!"

LMAO! Thats Hilarous:D

quads14589
03-29-2006, 05:20 PM
how could they store oil out in the gulf when catrina hit and whipped out many of the rigs?

zeppelin
03-29-2006, 06:04 PM
they didnt wipe them all out, and the major ones that were nocked out were back up and running within a week. My dad is the right of way manager for a major petroleum pipeline company so yeah i hear about alot of this stuff.

quads14589
03-29-2006, 06:18 PM
nice

CFRacer03
03-29-2006, 06:52 PM

- The United States Air Force will start at least partial phase-out of their B-52 Bombers, which will have then served 93 years of combat

- May 8 - September 2: The 100th anniversary of the Second World War's conclusion will be held on this date. Some commemorative ceremonies have already been scheduled, such as Japan planning several remembrence events to honor those who died in the dropping of the atomic bomb. France has also planned similar ceremonies in Paris. The society of the time will consist of senior citizens (65 years+) whose grandparents served in World War II. The younger middle class will see World War II as a conflict a century past, and most likely will view the Second World War with much the same personal disconnection as 21st century historians perceive such conflicts as the American Civil War and the Napoleonic Wars

- The world coal supply is presumed to peak

- Assuming no further changes to the United States copyright law, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger enters the public domain.

- July 1 - The present "One country two systems", with Hong Kong, guaranteed for 50 years starting from July 1, 1997, provided under the Basic Law, is scheduled to end. (The agreement is raised by Deng Xiaoping to deal with Hong Kong's reunification with the People's Republic of China in 1997, and is stipulated in the Sino-British Joint Declaration of 1984. The guarantees specified a period of 50 years after 1997.) What will be done is not stated in any document. See also the transcript of Deng's dialogue with Margaret Thatcher: [1].

LTZ400rider
03-29-2006, 07:30 PM
BIODIESEL AND ETHANOL!

did any1 see that tv special i think on cnn, about fuel? there is a country in south america almost totally independent for fuel, they use sugar cane or something, and they have lots of it, their machines that cut it down actually run of the waste of the plants.

troutman561
03-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Referring to the gulf and Alaska. I've heard that the gulf probably has oil fields just like Saudi Arabia, but due to laws and such, we cannot drill it all, oh well.

m_townsgreatest
03-29-2006, 08:09 PM
I highly doubt there will be a nuclear way. My teachers told me that every country has enough nukes and the technology that as soon as one is launched at us we can launch one back. So in turn it would pretty much be suicide for the country that dare to try nd nuke us.

zeppelin
03-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by m_townsgreatest
I highly doubt there will be a nuclear way. My teachers told me that every country has enough nukes and the technology that as soon as one is launched at us we can launch one back. So in turn it would pretty much be suicide for the country that dare to try nd nuke us.
which is great for those towel heads, as soon as the kill their infedel (sp?) they earn their right to heaven, and their one way bus will arrive right after they finsh their duty.:chinese:

TacomaNC4X4
03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
if they will fly a plain into a building, then they will nuke us. if we just kill them all and send all the towel heads away from here then we would have no problems. the mexicans will be like blacks next..they will be considered american

procircuit406ex
03-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
how could they store oil out in the gulf when catrina hit and whipped out many of the rigs?

176 to be exact;)

BlasterEaten250
03-29-2006, 09:06 PM
I also think everywhere you look there will be houses. Everywhere within 50 miles of me is being devoloped like crazy! I think our city people are trying to see how many houses they can fit in one place:mad:

miller821
03-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
176 to be exact;)
Thank you for being exact. I would give you a prize but this jerk took it.

Punk'd
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
They better not run out of gas.

I cant even picture it without gas. Nothing better then that smell at the races or the pump:D:p

Plante400
03-29-2006, 09:17 PM
heres what i think

dont worry about the link at the bottom i got it off google image search

user101
03-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I'll be 58:eek2: ....I can't imagine that

450Racer
03-29-2006, 10:13 PM
40 years from now our corrupt government officials will be overtaken by the people, causing a rebellion and a switch to democracy. a world war will break out over the holy land for the last time and a power struggle for america will if the rebellion is not organized or powerful. technology will be amazing. things thought not possible now will be common. we will not be as depend on gas or oil. we'll need oil for lubrication but not for a power source such as crude oil to gasoline. people will become confused about religon and god and most will fall to aethisim and form a barrier between catholics or people will become out of hand and act how they wish. vehicles won't just be cars by any means, commonly. there will be personal aircraft, without the use of oil.

it will be very interesting.

DeerNuts
03-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 450Racer
40 years from now our corrupt government officials will be overtaken by the people, causing a rebellion and a switch to democracy. a world war will break out over the holy land for the last time and a power struggle for america will if the rebellion is not organized or powerful. technology will be amazing. things thought not possible now will be common. we will not be as depend on gas or oil. we'll need oil for lubrication but not for a power source such as crude oil to gasoline. people will become confused about religon and god and most will fall to aethisim and form a barrier between catholics or people will become out of hand and act how they wish. vehicles won't just be cars by any means, commonly. there will be personal aircraft, without the use of oil.

I wouldn't think so far out. Read some of the books that predicted changes in technology; what they predicted for the most part never and never will come true. Of course, some writers were more accurate, but when you get down to the nut cutting, it's all pure speculation.

With that said, I think history itself provides enough context to reveal some of the future. In that end, you're probably right about war over Israel. Israel has some scary connections, their intelligence is superb (hell, it's rumored they knew about 9/11 2 hrs. before the attacks-- might explain why none of the 1200 Jews that worked in the World Trade Centers were killed-- go figure, right?)

Power centers here; but if not, then China, Israel, India, or some of the more developing powers. There will be a struggle for power. But I see our intelligence improving (and it's never has been nothing to sneer at, even with the case for war debacle) to the point that conflicts are cut off without full scale intervention. It evolves to a point of eliminating all key players. What leaders do need to watch out for is a restless populace.

The world sure is getting more restless, especially America. Lots of factors to consider, and unless some DIPLOMACY is practiced in our government, rather than bull-headed threats made without good reason or judgment, we have cause for concern. Not saying we should put on panties and wave the white flag, but America needs to consider the interests of other powers; not simply recognize that they are different, but work to reconcile differences, rather than simply say "You're with us, or against us" (Bush, speech prior to Afghani war) and to hell with the world. That's a very dangerous tenet, but one that could be made less foolhardy with a little more reasoning.

It's all speculation in the end. We have already gone through some crazy times and been closer to getting A-bombed than many of us will ever realize. We need skilled statesmen to calm a public crying for answers and demanding change. Otherwise chaos ensues, and that, of course, is unpredictable as hell.

user101
03-30-2006, 03:39 PM
there will be personal aircraft,

Thats a big ol' negaive on the personal aircraft. there is to much risk involved to let everyone have their own aircraft. think about it, some drunk flyer flys into someone at 500ft. above the ground, both aircrafts will be severly damaged and fall out of the sky landing and possible exploding who knows where killing many people.

i'm going to say it might be more common for peole to own small planes and maybe some type of hover craft might be common.

CFRacer03
03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
40 years from now our corrupt government officials will be overtaken by the people, causing a rebellion and a switch to democracy. a world war will break out over the holy land for the last time and a power struggle for america will if the rebellion is not organized or powerful.

people will become confused about religon and god and most will fall to aethisim and form a barrier between catholics or people will become out of hand and act how they wish.

there will be a world war based on holy land, yet people will be confused about religion and fall to aethisism? thats kinda contradicting itself

religion that has lasted thousands of years will fall to aethisim in just 40 more years?

the people will take over the governemt? what people? you think you could get the 300+ million people in this country to band together to do anything? I think not

...and other parts of your paragraph have already been debated...If you were serious I think you're way off man...

quads14589
03-30-2006, 05:13 PM
radiation will be a very big factor is we start blasting off nukes here and there.

Ruby Soho
03-30-2006, 06:04 PM
It'll probly be a little different. I wouldn't say to much different.

Maybe be like the jetsons :D

chunky
03-30-2006, 07:03 PM
our Athletic Director might still live in his parents basement

HondaRacer300ex
03-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh please, nothing is going to be different. I'm 15 and I still have a good 50 years. Nothing is going to change..:o

jt195
03-30-2006, 07:50 PM
history repeats itself.

Scott-300ex
03-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Wut the hell are you guys talking about?

And thanks for the backup zeppelin!

We could all have personal aircrafts right now if you want to spend $76,000 to get a license, not including lessons and renting a copter for wut is it $500 an hour or so? My uncle flies so I think thats wut it is. And then wut about $1,000,000 for a small heli that carries 1 passenger.

Don't expect anything to hover.

:huh

jeremy_283
03-31-2006, 01:08 PM
LETS START DRILLIN IN ALASKA........... YEA BABY!!!!!! dont worry though we will all die in 2011 anyways :) .......... superstitous
b@st@rds

04-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by jt195
history repeats itself.

You don't how true you are about that.

FHKracingZ
04-02-2006, 12:06 AM
ehy.. who really cares.. im sure it wont be chaos like all u idiots predicted :rolleyes:

Plante400
04-02-2006, 09:20 AM
well i already told u whats going to happen

china>us

FHKracingZ
04-02-2006, 01:49 PM
sorry buddy.. no country could take on the US single handed... they would get rocked hardcore.

dpizz450
04-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts

(hell, it's rumored they knew about 9/11 2 hrs. before the attacks-- might explain why none of the 1200 Jews that worked in the World Trade Centers were killed-- go figure, right?)

wrong. please tell me how in the hell would Israel figure out every jew that worked in the WTC and call all "1200" of them in the US and tell them not to go to work today because a plane is going to run into the WTC all within two hours.....lol what a joke....

400exrules
04-02-2006, 04:04 PM
YOUR ALL WRONG!!!!!!!

look

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php

procircuit406ex
04-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
YOUR ALL WRONG!!!!!!!

look

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php

lmao YES DUDE:D :D