PDA

View Full Version : Let's see what you got!

Pappy
03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
I hope everyone finds this section useful. Please feel free to build your own "How To" thread and be as accurate and professional as you can. New members as well as those who have never turned a wrench will be counting on you to be insightful, intelligent, factual and clear in the information you provide in this section.

This will not be an open forum where any post will remain, if we something out of place we will move it to the correct section so please use it as it is intended!

So bring us your best, we want to see it!

2004exrider
03-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Seems like a really good idea, i've learned quite a bit from this site for the time ive been here. Im sure this will help out a lot of the new members that dont know much and will make them more comfortable to do it.

Jimmy

400exMO
03-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Is this just a place where people give insight on tips they've found out? Or can we ask questions?

Pappy
03-28-2006, 06:12 PM
This section will primarily be for the posting of the information. Once a thread is completed, I am sure questions could be fielded and answered in the thread, but no threads asking questions will be left in this section, they will be moved to one of the tech sections.

If you have any ideas for "How To" threads, post them here and we will do our best to get one done dealing with your specific request

PolarisRider
03-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Ive been seeing alot of "how do i shave my fenders" kinda threads around lately. Maybe you should give a detail explaination on how to do that. List stuff like the different kind of tools you can use and what to do to get the factory finish back. That way, if anyones asks again we could just say "look in the how to section";)

btw i think this part of the forums is gonna be a very good idea:)

BlasterEaten250
03-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
Ive been seeing alot of "how do i shave my fenders" kinda threads around lately. Maybe you should give a detail explaination on how to do that. List stuff like the different kind of tools you can use and what to do to get the factory finish back. That way, if anyones asks again we could just say "look in the how to section";)

btw i think this part of the forums is gonna be a very good idea:) you are supposed to do it:o

(I already did one:devil: )

wilkin250r
03-29-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm going to keep this section really clean. This is a "How To" section, meant for information. It's not a "Hey, good info" section. If the post doesn't add anything, it's going to get deleted. If I want to learn how to change my camshaft, I don't need to read that Joe Shmoe approves of the thread.

Questions are welcome. Feel free to ask for clarification, reasons, or more in-depth information.

If a person forgot a step, or you have a suggestion, please post it. This adds to the overall information. However, if the orignal author edits his post to include the info, then your post is no longer necessary, expect it to be deleted.

There are exceptions. Many of these threads have come from the FAQ section. I'm not going to edit the older threads, but I WILL edit new posts in those older threads.

With that said, enjoy. Please, be descriptive, and add pictures if possible. Also, please proofread your posts, and use proper punctuation and spelling. Information isn't any good if it's difficult to understand.

03-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm going to keep this section really clean. This is a "How To" section, meant for information. It's not a "Hey, good info" section. If the post doesn't add anything, it's going to get deleted. If I want to learn how to change my camshaft, I don't need to read that Joe Shmoe approves of the thread.

Questions are welcome. Feel free to ask for clarification, reasons, or more in-depth information.

If a person forgot a step, or you have a suggestion, please post it. This adds to the overall information. However, if the orignal author edits his post to include the info, then your post is no longer necessary, expect it to be deleted.

There are exceptions. Many of these threads have come from the FAQ section. I'm not going to edit the older threads, but I WILL edit new posts in those older threads.

With that said, enjoy. Please, be descriptive, and add pictures if possible. Also, please proofread your posts, and use proper punctuation and spelling. Information isn't any good if it's difficult to understand. i aint no joe schmoe ;)

Quad18star
05-25-2006, 06:42 AM
We need an article on how to properly bleed a brake system . :devil:

djguestone
03-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
We need an article on how to properly bleed a brake system . :devil:

My bro & I recently replaced brakelines on the Banshee & a couple 450R's. Took a couple pix & was simple to do. I'll try to post my walkthru on that

culichi
05-26-2007, 01:01 PM
im an ltr owner and it has EFI so i would like to know if it need maintence and if it does please do a how to break in your EFI and clean it properlly