PDA

View Full Version : where the hell is the air/fuel mixture screw?

MoToX199
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
haha i know this may sound like a stupid question but whetre is it at on the carb i cant find it anywhere,by the way its a 06 carb if that makes a differnece

indyZrider
03-28-2006, 04:26 PM
if you flip your carb upside down you will see a brass plug that you will need to drill out to get to the screw. drill slow and with a tiny bit and get a little bigger if it doesnt come out the first time.
if you looking at your carb while on your quad it is to the left of the bowl---hope this helps!

MoToX199
03-28-2006, 04:29 PM
so you cant reach it they wayit is now with out drillin it? or is it just easier to drill it so that way there you can reach the screw better? i get a lil scared to drill into my carb

indyZrider
03-28-2006, 04:34 PM
nope! the screw has a flathead slot in it, so you have to drill the plug to get to it. best to take the carb all the way out. after you do that get one of those adjustable mix screws so you can turn it while it is all together without having to use one those little tiny screwdrivers that suck.
the plug has a tiny little hole in it already so its not that hard.

MoToX199
03-28-2006, 07:06 PM
so your basically just drillin out the hole to make it bigger? sorry for all the questions i just want to understand this that way there i can do it right the 1st time

indyZrider
03-29-2006, 02:18 PM
thats alright--no you have to get the whole plug out its not very big and it has a little i mean very little hole in the middle so you can set your drill bit in that to guide it for starting the drill. your not the only one who is nervous about this, i was almost crapping when i did it youll be alright though-just dont go to far. there is a gap in between the plug and the screw so you will feel the bit free up when your through-git-R-done

MoToX199
03-29-2006, 07:58 PM
thank you