PDA

View Full Version : What happen to Steph Parton?

GE4x4
03-28-2006, 01:46 PM
It's a very rare thing for her to get a DNF at a GNCC race. So I was wondering if anybody knew what happen. Was it quad related or a bad miss-hap? I have a race this weekend so if it is quad related I want to see if I can address it or not so mine won't do what hers did, if it was quad related.

CHADHIX
03-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Chain come off and busted the case!!! Total bummer:(

MentalState
03-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Whoa!..tuff DNF....That blow's

GE4x4
03-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Do you know what caused it? Was it a rear sprocket problem?

CHADHIX
03-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Carrier bearings went out. I am tearing mine down this saturday before the race sunday

GE4x4
03-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by CHADHIX
Carrier bearings went out. I am tearing mine down this saturday before the race sunday

That doesn't sound good. That is way to fast to ware out after 2 races. Please let us know what's to do.

GE4x4
03-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Is this the cause of the rear sprocket coming loose? There have been a couple of Outlaws that the rear sprocket bolt come loose. If the sprocket is loose it will put a lot of undo pressure on the carrier. So for those with Outlaws check your rear sprocket bolts and lock tight them.

wolffie
03-29-2006, 06:59 PM
hey guys, is their a channel on TV that these races are broadcasted on, or were you guys actually at this race? just curious because if i could order a channel with ATV racing that would be kick ***!:D thanks

sunshine
03-30-2006, 08:45 AM
There are no issues that I know of w/ the rear sprocket coming loose. The issue we had was dealing w/ the rear carrier bearings. Not knowing everything yet, the bearings did go out and the way to check is to feel for your rear sprocket and rotor to move from side to side (tire to tire). If you feel movement ONLY there not in the driveshafts, you probably need to tear apart the rear end. Once Polaris gets my rear end back, they can determine why such premature wearing and I'll update you then. Meanwhile, my new bike is up and running and she is even better than the first!!! Really looking hard for a win even more so now!

MentalState
03-30-2006, 05:29 PM
good luck with new bike..