PDA

View Full Version : airbox lid on blaster

moddedblaster20
03-28-2006, 12:40 PM
i have a k&n filter on my blaster with the stock airbox. was wondering if it helps if i do this. just making sure cuz i dont wanna mess anything up.

y2kBlaster
03-30-2006, 01:47 PM
mie would only run if the airbox lid was taken off but i have some other mods besides that like pipe, new 30mm carb, reed, reeds spacer etc.

zeppelin
03-30-2006, 01:58 PM
I remember hearing somewhere that is was dangerous to run without the lid on a blaster, even more so than you would regularly expect on a quad. I dont remember why they said it was so dangerous on just the blaster, but they said it was paticularly bad for them.

blasta17
03-30-2006, 05:49 PM
ive had my lid off for over a year with my k&n and no problems.

flyin#5
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
if your running a k&n i would highly reccomend not taking your airbox lid off. imo K&N's are stupid on a quad... they dont filter enough. then you have to buy the outerware for them to filter... MAYBe to what a foam one does... and there isnt that much of a performance difference.

zepplin- i believe the reason for this is because of how the blaster filter seals... or doesnt seal. you have one screw in the middle of an odd shaped filter, and nothing holding it down to the rubber boot. sure it seals good enough to filter most everything when you have the lid on, but when you take it off there are a lot more particles getting in your box, and thats when you need to rely on your filter most.

if you want a more free flowing lid i suggest drilling 1" holes in your lid, and putting these little "pre-filters" in. they will just push into a 1" hole and have a little foam filter in them. the more you put in the more air getting in the box. if you want another lid to do this to incase you are riding in mud or something i have 2 stock lids for sale. one i dont think has ever been used.

moddedblaster20
03-31-2006, 04:30 AM
where can i get prefilters at

FoxRacingAdam
04-02-2006, 09:49 AM
the pre filters dont make much of a difference. my suggestion is getting an outerwears airbox lid. there like the same material as an outerwear but there the actual box lid. let u get much more air without as much trouble as taking off the lid.