PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about my 250r- please help

tazman7
03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
I just bought my quad a couple of weeks ago from a Honda mechanic, the question I have now is when I rev it up the motor seems to vibrate a little bit but when it idels it doesnt vibrate- what could this be? And when it idols there is a click that is coming from the bottom of the engine- he told me when I got it that it has done that ever since the ESR 265 kit was put on it, and he said that he had a couple of buddies that did the same thing- Is this normal? He said that it is jettet for 70 degree weather- but it seems to be running fine according to the color of the spark plug- I check it often- (I mean its fast im just worried)

Another question- on my other 250r it seems that it doesnt have any power until you get up on the pipe. It has done this ever since we cleaned that carb- it idols fine and revs fine it just bogs down when its low on the pipe. What could this be?

TheFontMaster
03-28-2006, 03:47 PM
All 250r's have a bit of a knock. They always have, always will. And the vibration is normal. For the bogging on the low end, I would clean the carb again, blow out the jets, and all the little lines and holes in the carb. When you took it apart you also might have changed the needle clip position, or the air fuel screw setting. I'm putting my money on the air/fuel screw.