PDA

View Full Version : Banshee stroker questions

Jonesy
03-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Buddy of mine had the rod break on his shee and it trashed the journal on the crank so he is considering going the stroker route. What type of effect does a stroker have on the power delivery.

Right now it has 40 over wiseco superlights, reeds, a little port and polish, bills pipes and silencers, -2 front sprocket, tors system removed, hotter cdi box.

The bike is rode 90% of the time in the woods and doing hill climbing with it. with the power it had before I could ride it all day long in 3rd and 4th gear and hardly ever hit the powerband except when I just wanted to.

Any info, opinions, etc... about strokers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jonesy

Mxjunkie
03-28-2006, 11:42 AM
I have a 4mm vitos crank in mine with basically the same stuff as his and I can do the same thing as him, 3rd-4th putting around it has tons of low end and it pulls like a son of a ***** topend

Jonesy
03-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah we were looking at the 4 mm stroker. I haven't done much research yet on the strokers but have seen that some cases have to be grooved or welded or something of that sort. Will this be the case with the 4mm? I know that stroker pistons are needed, what else is essential? Been looking at the all in one kits on ebay that come with a new hotrods crank, pistons, gaskets, etc..

Thanks for the help
Jonesy

Mxjunkie
03-29-2006, 03:57 PM
I run wiesco forged high comp pistions they are a tad but pricey though but are much stronger then the cast

SheeRider
03-30-2006, 06:03 PM
A 4mm stroker will help your bottem end alot.
1. Needs to be have it re-ported (for the extra stroke) to get the full power out of your crank
2. Stroker domes if you have an aftermarket head $65 (nossmachine.com) or have your stock head's domes cut/milled (domes are built into the head).
3. Upgrade carbs if they are still stock because you dont want to suck the float bowls dry (blow engine).

Thats all I can think of at the moment. You might look up some prices on www.passionracingengines.com (thats whos going to do my engine when its time :blah:)