PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when WNF opens?

Foxyangel0425
03-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Hi All!! Does anyone know when WNF (wayne national forest) in PA opens??

jcv400ex
03-28-2006, 10:16 AM
You mean the Alleghney? Wayne is your state! :D Try this:

www.fs.fed.us/r9/allegheny

300exOH
03-28-2006, 10:16 AM
How's it going? Haven't seen you on here in a while.

This link should give you all the info you need.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/recreation_sites/orv.html

I think the trails open April 15th.

300exOH
03-28-2006, 10:18 AM
He he. I didn't notice you were asking about PA:o

Jennys440'Dale
03-28-2006, 10:43 AM
WNF opens April 15th at Midnight! Wahoo!

Perry State Forest opens April 1st.

Foxyangel0425
03-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
You mean the Alleghney? Wayne is your state! :D Try this:

www.fs.fed.us/r9/allegheny

OMG am such a tard!! Thanks JCV!! Its been a bad week for me and its only Wednesday! :rolleyes:

Foxyangel0425
03-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
How's it going? Haven't seen you on here in a while.

This link should give you all the info you need.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/recreation_sites/orv.html

I think the trails open April 15th.

Hi!! Yes its been forever!! We don't get much of a chance to get on here....I have popped in every once in a blue moon when am bored at work (now more than ever). How are the kids?? They have to be soooo big now!!

Things have been pretty crazy.....I don't know if you read my previous threads but my mom was diagonised with Lung cancer & under went surgery to remove part of her lung where they discovered more that were hidden away. She has under gone chemo & radiaiton and has to get checked every 6 mos to make sure it hasn't come back. She also is taking a chemo pill every day to make sure the cancer stays away.....so far she is in remission she has to stay that way for the next 2 years (which a year will be up this September). Sad thing is she never smoked a day in her life.

Plus we got another dog since we last seen you and she is just a little nut (half lab half boxer) so you can imagine how that is! And on top of all that we been babysitting our nephews and trying to put together the house so we can sell it, plus we have been trying to get the Falcon together in time for this summer to race!! We haven't even had time to go out & ride since fall of last year and that was in PA!!

We wanted to hit the trails this spring/summer with his friend he wrks with and his fiance---since she has never been riding (YIKES). :eek2: And of course stupid me puts the wrong place we want to ride DUH!! Thats what I get for posting something at work!! LOL!!

Foxyangel0425
03-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Ok, new thread name should read when does Alleghney open!! My bad!!

300exOH
03-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
Hi!! Yes its been forever!! We don't get much of a chance to get on here....I have popped in every once in a blue moon when am bored at work (now more than ever). How are the kids?? They have to be soooo big now!!

Things have been pretty crazy.....I don't know if you read my previous threads but my mom was diagonised with Lung cancer & under went surgery to remove part of her lung where they discovered more that were hidden away. She has under gone chemo & radiaiton and has to get checked every 6 mos to make sure it hasn't come back. She also is taking a chemo pill every day to make sure the cancer stays away.....so far she is in remission she has to stay that way for the next 2 years (which a year will be up this September). Sad thing is she never smoked a day in her life.

Plus we got another dog since we last seen you and she is just a little nut (half lab half boxer) so you can imagine how that is! And on top of all that we been babysitting our nephews and trying to put together the house so we can sell it, plus we have been trying to get the Falcon together in time for this summer to race!! We haven't even had time to go out & ride since fall of last year and that was in PA!!

We wanted to hit the trails this spring/summer with his friend he wrks with and his fiance---since she has never been riding (YIKES). :eek2: And of course stupid me puts the wrong place we want to ride DUH!! Thats what I get for posting something at work!! LOL!!

The kids are getting big. 5th and 6th graders now! So sorry to hear about your mom. That chemo treatment is tough. We wish her the best of luck.
Your pup sounds like a unique mix. They're both energetic breeds so I'm sure you have your hands full. We kind of acquired a new pet recently. My daughter came home carrying a stray kitten. She's friendly but she prefers the outdoors. My kind of pet.

Do you race at norwalk or dragway 42? I wouldn't mind catching some drags this year. I've been wanting to take my boy for a while now but haven't had the chance.

We haven't been riding since fall either. We're hoping to get out a few times before august since I'm having knee replacement surgery.:eek2:

Let us know how you like allegheny. I've been hiking/camping there and the place is awesome.
Anyhow good to hear from ya.

Foxyangel0425
03-30-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
The kids are getting big. 5th and 6th graders now! So sorry to hear about your mom. That chemo treatment is tough. We wish her the best of luck.
Your pup sounds like a unique mix. They're both energetic breeds so I'm sure you have your hands full. We kind of acquired a new pet recently. My daughter came home carrying a stray kitten. She's friendly but she prefers the outdoors. My kind of pet.

Do you race at norwalk or dragway 42? I wouldn't mind catching some drags this year. I've been wanting to take my boy for a while now but haven't had the chance.

We haven't been riding since fall either. We're hoping to get out a few times before august since I'm having knee replacement surgery.:eek2:

Let us know how you like allegheny. I've been hiking/camping there and the place is awesome.
Anyhow good to hear from ya.

WOW they have gotten big!! My goodness time has flown by quickly!

We usually go to Thompson Drag Raceway because its so much closer to us, but we try to go to Fun Ford Weekend in July but we missed last year & will probably miss this year too since the car doesn't have a motor in it---he wanted to put a bigger motor in it so he can be more consistant. :rolleyes: But we make up for the racing we do with going to see the big guys run in Columbus and Indy (NHRA).

We have been at Alleghney before and its a ton of fun!! We usually park at Pigs Ear and head out from there....the trails aren't to bad--a lot of hills and bumps, we got a map showing us the easy trails, bike trails etc. Our friends did the bike trails on quads they were soooooo beat up & their quads were also beat!! Its a long day so we usually bring our grill & chairs.

Hope all goes well with your knee surgery! Am sure the kids will be a big help to mommy while your are recovering!!

300exOH
03-30-2006, 08:11 AM
They are growing fast. It won't be long and they'll be all grown up and moving out.

I forgot about Thompson. Never been out there myself. I don't blame him for wanting a bigger engine. You can never have too much horsepower. Good luck on the project.

We may have to try and hit allegheney soon ourselves. Much better scenery than around here. They have trails for everyone from what I hear. Nothing like a trail ride in the mountains of PA.

I'm looking forward to getting the knee surgery out of the way and getting back to normal life. It will be a long road to recovery but it'll be worth it to be able to do things I haven't done in years. Luckily the kids are old enough now to take care of me.:o I may need it for a while. They are already a big help around here so it shouldn't be anything new.