PDA

View Full Version : Check it out ---- Z400 vs. 400ex NO PROBLEM!!!!

rdmex
07-28-2002, 09:44 AM
went to the dunes yesterday and saw this z400...the only one there. went up to him and said hey bru les race i wanna see if i can even hang wit u. he goes ok so we went to the nearest drag strip... the flag dropped and we were off i was lookin at him the whole time ..
at the start i killed him.. i jumped the whole shot easily he started to catch up around 3rd gear then i hit 4th and pinned it out and i said see u later that thing couldnt hang. check my profile for my mods... here are the mods he had---

1. Yosh pipe
2. Paddles

thought the Z was gonna blow my doors off but i was impressed with my bike and disappointed in the Z. I asked him if i could drag my friend on my 400ex and me on the Z...figured maybe it was the driver. but my friend blew me away on my ex by about 2 or 3 4wheeler lengths.

just though id share my day at the dunes.

Sparks425Ex
07-28-2002, 09:57 AM
Dude i tottaly know what you are sayin. Everyone is like there is no way you can hang with them. I have smoked so many z400s with my mods. My friend has a stock 400Ex and he smokes z400s. Everyone thinks they are great cause they are new and all the hype but they are slower than the 400Ex. anywhere you go.

rdmex
07-28-2002, 09:58 AM
YYYYYUUUUUPPPPPP

Dave400ex
07-28-2002, 10:12 AM
Well I will believe it when I do it or see it. I know with simple Mods you could beat the Z400, but I don`t care about a Drag Race.

rdmex
07-28-2002, 11:11 AM
what the he!! u care bout then.. he had the same mods as me so it was a fair race and i flat out beat it.

07-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Guys, go check out FMF's website. They have dyno charts that you can see using their various exhausts on different machines. Look at the 400 EX using a Mega Max muffler and Hi-Flow head pipe compared to the Z400 with FMF's muffler. Unless they got the dyno charts mixed up (or I read them wrong), the 400EX is pulling 1-2.5 more HP all the way through the low-end and midrange. The Z is a more top-end style of motor, but at both quad's peak HP (they are over a thousand RPM apart at their peak) the Z400 is roughly the same HP as the 400EX is at it's peak. I hate to say it because I actually like the Z pretty well (I like my EX better though:D) and I'm glad to see Suzuki back in the high performance market, but I don't think the Z is making as much horsepower as early reports said they would.

rdmex
07-28-2002, 11:43 AM
i can say that the Z had a lil more top end pull than me.

Dave400ex
07-28-2002, 02:47 PM
Well that is great to hear. Just proves that Dirtwheels and the other Mags are just making a big deal because it`s New.

07-28-2002, 03:10 PM
Actually i raced the Z first, i kicked his @$$, we both beat him bad. but i beat a ds650 on the Z when he let me race it so i dunno, weird.

Honda4ooEX
07-28-2002, 03:39 PM
Just because FMF is trying to sell a product doesn't mean there chart numbers are correct. You must remeber that they are selling pipes and numbers look good. I believe anything that happens in reality over charts and numbers.

Nausty
07-28-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Honda4ooEX
Just because FMF is trying to sell a product doesn't mean there chart numbers are correct. You must remeber that they are selling pipes and numbers look good. I believe anything that happens in reality over charts and numbers.

yes but they are comparing it to fmf's other charts so hes probably right. Do you think fmf is gonna try to make sells for suzuki or honda by making one higher than the other? I bet both of them are exagerated about the same and its on the same web site so I think its true. lol I knew the thing was nothing but hype all the long like it is when every machine comes out and suzuki most likely paid off dirt wheels and atv action because they say NOTHING bad about it and if they so much as mention a problem they downplay it. Remember when the raptor came out and it got 5 star everything? even 5 star handling? AHAHAHAHAH.

Sick0
07-28-2002, 07:05 PM
I raced one at southwick, and if had all that much power it would of beat me. I don't think it a bad quad, and I also think there are faster than a 400ex. I'm not worry about though, Its doesn't have that much horsepower to worry about. I also hate the light set up. I'm starting to like how the rest of the quad looks like though. Its better looking in real life.

Zero Z400
07-28-2002, 07:33 PM
Stock vs. Stock the Z will win w/ smae skill riders and same weight. Look in the new Atv Sport, they have a dyno of the 400ex vs. the Z and the Z wins by a little. That little is covered by airbox/exhaust mods. So that shows that the Z is slightly faster.

Later

Dave400ex
07-28-2002, 07:50 PM
I agree with Zero Z400. Stock for Stock the Z would beat the 400ex, but most guys have pipes so it`s closer. The thing the Z has over the EX is that with motor mods the Z will gain more power than a EX would with the same mods. I think we are safe for now. I`m only worried about Cannondales. lol

phatswinn
07-28-2002, 08:15 PM
so that settles it, the 400ex is better

honda250
07-28-2002, 09:11 PM
no stock ex can smoke a stock z, there is noo way.

rdmex
07-28-2002, 09:21 PM
i dont care what anyone says 400ex's are better and z400s can kiss my *****. I smoked him with my friend on it....he weighs 138 and i weigh 136 to be exact...i asked him. anyways i beat him by about 3 4wheeler lengths. he had the same mods. so there.....

07-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Actually i weigh 134 ;)

rdmex
07-28-2002, 09:30 PM
whatever but still we weigh almost exactly the same.... help me out here duning. dunning400ex was my buddy i raced. he got on the Z and i was on my 400 and i beat him by at least 2 or 3 bikes.

then we switched, he was on my 400 and i got on the Z he pulled me right off the start and i started to come back in 2nd then 3rd but when we hit 4th he started pullin a lil bit so he beat me by bout 2 bikes or so.

Is this all about correct duning???

07-28-2002, 09:34 PM
:huh

01TRX300EX
07-29-2002, 08:02 AM
Stock for stock the Z is better, virtually every dyno I have seen says the Z has more hp than an EX, but you seem to take the one dyno that says they are about equal and say that its the right one. And if both had the same mods the Z would deffinately beat the EX. I don't know why I come to this site anymore, its mostly brand loyal people that can't seem to understand that the 400EX hasn't been the best since the Raptor came out. I not even sure the 300EX and 250EX riders get the same respect as those with the 400EX's. Whenever there is a question about a 300 or 250, most of the answers are "get a 400EX". I sure as heck ain't getting a 400EX when I know there is a better quad for the same amount of money ou there, the Z400.

UglyMotha™
07-29-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by 01TRX300EX
Stock for stock the Z is better, virtually every dyno I have seen says the Z has more hp than an EX, but you seem to take the one dyno that says they are about equal and say that its the right one. And if both had the same mods the Z would deffinately beat the EX. I don't know why I come to this site anymore, its mostly brand loyal people that can't seem to understand that the 400EX hasn't been the best since the Raptor came out. I not even sure the 300EX and 250EX riders get the same respect as those with the 400EX's. Whenever there is a question about a 300 or 250, most of the answers are "get a 400EX". I sure as heck ain't getting a 400EX when I know there is a better quad for the same amount of money ou there, the Z400.

:huh good god what did you expect your at an ex forum you should know by now whatever you own is obviously the best and as far as the raptor bein good, your right if you like to drive a straight line actually each machine has it's hight points and low points it has its good areas and its bad areas dig it got it good

rdmex
07-29-2002, 12:18 PM
01TRX300EX u need to chill out and go get u a Z then so i can woop ur ***** in a drag race too. lol

R-Crazy
07-29-2002, 01:34 PM

amen, i think some people are just jealous. there are better quads out there. the 400ex is still a great quad, but the Z is better.

dave

07-29-2002, 03:19 PM
actually, you are a little it off saying 2-3 bikes, 1/2 to 1 bike ahead is more correct. And really if i could choose between the 2, i would buy a Z400. its so much more comfortable and a lil faster. If we would have switched tired and got on hte pavement, that would have been a whole differnt story. We were running straight paddles and the Z was running V paddles. all in all the X wasn't what i expected, but it sure as he// is damn nice!

New-400ex_guy
07-29-2002, 03:33 PM
omg that guy is smoking something good if he smoked a piped Z400 on his 400ex. the guy must not have it jetted or something.

my jetted and piped Z kills piped and jetting 400ex. its a little faster than a stock raptor. ive swapped bikes now with 4 guys with modded 400ex's and the Z has more pull, all the guys that rode it said its like the raptors they've ridden. i also have a stock 400ex with the mods listed below and there's no comparision on when my bike was stock.

my bike stock is almost like the piped ex's.

rdmex
07-29-2002, 03:45 PM
any Z is welcome to come try me

07-29-2002, 04:53 PM
damn right we're brand loyal, we have reason to be, and that's why, when "the new wears off" all the z owners will realize that we (ex'ers) have the better quad, and we can sum all that up into one word.... Honda

balla250ex
07-29-2002, 04:58 PM
Haha yea my friend has a Z400 and he thinks he is a bad*****. He wants to race my friends modified banshee! lmao...Besides I knew there was no way A suzuki good hang with a honda no way! lol

07-29-2002, 04:59 PM
Rename the site................

Zflamers.com

rdmex
07-29-2002, 05:01 PM
ye screw z400s they look nice and everything and they new but they will come to the 400ex jus watch

Regulator 250X
07-29-2002, 05:47 PM
I remember reading the Dirt Wheels review on the Z400. Man did i wanna chew dirt wheel's a s s. They were comparing this thing to a 250R!! I thought the whole dirt wheels office was hot boxing it!!! They called it the most innovative quad since the 250r and all this praise and BS. They took the motor out of a dirtbike, put it in a junk frame, took the raptors fenders and key switch plastic, along with the 400ex's front shocks, the same exact looking muffler of a 400ex, the junk swingarm off of their LT's and the thing sits just as high as a raptor!! Not to say that the 400ex motor didnt come out of a dirtbike, but at least most everthing on that was orignal. The only things the same were the head when comparing the two engines, and even then there were differences. I mean come on, people think this thing is the better than instant potatoes!! Get a clue, this is a honda sight so if you are going to praise a Z get the h e l l out of here, please! I hate them and will always ride red!

New-400ex_guy
07-29-2002, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jamie400ex
damn right we're brand loyal, we have reason to be, and that's why, when "the new wears off" all the z owners will realize that we (ex'ers) have the better quad, and we can sum all that up into one word.... Honda [/QUOTE

haha wow there are alot of dumb kids on this site.

hmmmm jeez ive got both quads so maybe i would know :rolleyes:

07-29-2002, 07:57 PM
Ok, i was rdmex's freinds there.
i ride a piped, K&N filter 400ex
this z400 piped and filter.
WE raced repeadatly.
I beat the z400
rdmex got on the 400ex and i got on the Z
he beat me.
i got on hte 400ex and he got on the Z
i beat him.
its true!