PDA

View Full Version : How do I find out who sent an email?

catfishing
03-28-2006, 08:19 AM
How can I find out who sent an email ? Someone has sent a email to my sister and a few other people i know.Some of the girls that this vulgar email was sent are minors.It tells them what he wants to do to them.I need to find out how to trace it.We have an idea where it is coming from and the guy is in his 50's.I just want to make sure. Thanks

mxdad
03-28-2006, 08:55 AM
contact his internet servicve provider and the police

catfishing
03-28-2006, 10:35 AM
That thread does not work. Im 38 and if i can really prove it is him I will beat the $hi+ out of him.Then call the law.My sis is 32 but we have nieses and their friends who got the same kind of email from the same email addy.I look on yahoo and they it says no email found. My sis confronted the ba$+#rd last night.I think he deleted everthing some how. I got all kind of numbers my sis sent me with the email addy

catfishing
03-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Anyone hane a good ip locator?All im finding is bell south columbia sc

MOFO
03-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Honestly, I would contact the police. You will not find anything that will track down his e-mail and give you his address. If you contact his ISP, they will not give you his address either - the law will not let them.

antman
03-28-2006, 04:02 PM
yeah call the ISP and they will shut down his connection and help you get in contact with law enforcement.

catfishing
03-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Talked to law enforcment tonight.Gave them all the emails.A PI is going contact us sometime this week.

250R-Dee
03-28-2006, 10:57 PM
If your sister and the others are using yahoo try this:
Click options after opening mail
Go messages
Under headers enable "Show all headers on incoming messages"

That will show all of the information from received emails.