PDA

View Full Version : dial-a-jet???

flaneledholes
07-28-2002, 09:16 AM
Hey whats the good word on dial-a-jet??? Do ant of you have it??? I saw it in atvsport... Is it any good??? I think it would be if you dont want to rejet all the time... I know it doesnt replace jetting but could help it some... So whats the good word???

400exBro
07-28-2002, 09:42 AM
i was just going to ask that ...
Bro

07-28-2002, 12:54 PM
There was a test of the Dial-A-Jet kits quite a while back in one of the quad magazines (can't remember which one, but it was either Dirt Wheels or ATV Action). To the best of my memory, it basically replaces some of the jets with a screw sort of thingy that you can use to adjust the fuel flow through that particular jet circuit. The best I remember, they said it did make jetting changes easier; but you still have to adjust your jetting for different conditions and such, it just makes it somewhat easier.

spliffy
07-29-2002, 11:27 AM
I Put One On My Sled..... 2 Strokes Are Pickier Than 4 Strokes When It Comes To Elevation/Temperature So I Figured It Would Be A Good Thing, But Lets Just Say.... I Had It On For About 2 Weeks & Gave It To A Buddy To Try..... What A POS He Ended Up Tossing The Thing Too.... I Wouldn't Recommend It , You Dont Need To Change Your Jets That Much On 4 Strokes Unless You Change Something On Your Current Setup & Then Just Change The Jet.... Its Much Easier Than Messing Around & Spending The Money On A Dialajet... Besides Like A Wise Person Once Said To Me..... Do Racers Use This Dial A Jet Dealy..... No I said & He Fired Back With.... Why Would You Then....:p