PDA

View Full Version : Youth ATV Racing

Traindog71
03-28-2006, 07:03 AM
I know that many of you out there have children who love to ride and that although they love to watch mommy or daddy race, they would love to be able to participate themselves. Many of us have bought ATVs for our kids to be able to ride with us since we want to be able to share this with them, it is a great healthy family activity to be involved in and allows us to do what we love along with being able to spend time with our children and pass down to them the things that we know.

The Kentucky Harescramble Series (www.kyharescramble.com) allows youth to race ATVs in a woods setting just like the GNCC races, but luckily we don't have to travel the country just to find a series that both we adults and our children can participate in.

They abide by the AMA rules (unlike GNCC) and allow 13-15 y/o kids to race larger ATVs (up to 200cc 2-stroke and up to 300cc 4-stroke). I know many of us have kids who do not enjoy having to ride a machine that is so small compared to their stature. They also allow kids to race 90cc 2-stroke and 125cc 4-stroke machines and will add a class for smaller kids to race 50cc machines if they show up to race.

So please get out and help support a series that allows us to develop the racers of tomorrow.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to post here or message me, as I love to see an opportunity for the kids to get out there and let it rip. I get much more joy watching them race then I actually do myself by competing.

Traindog71
04-11-2006, 05:14 PM
bumpity bump bump