PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Raptor Rear

Sjorge450R
03-28-2006, 04:27 AM
I need to make my rear shock softer and I dont know how to make it softer? Also, is that little screw on the Ressy to adjust the rebound or something? To soften it, I Have to back off the preload ring, right?

zeppelin
03-28-2006, 05:19 AM
how many screws are on the ressie, there should be 2 (one for rebound and one for compression). the raptor may only have rebound though, and yes you back off on the pre load ring to soften it up.

Cody_300ex
03-28-2006, 06:20 AM
The rebound is usally going to be on the bottom of the shock, most of the time a flat head screw. Rebound is how fast the shock returns to it fully extended place. Preload just adjusts the ride hight, so unless you want to lower it I would just leave it alone. Now the compreesion it always going to be on the ressie, just like rebound it's usally going to adjust with a flat head screw or a knob. Compression adjusts how hard it is to compress the shock. Higher you go the harder it is, the lower you go the softer it is, I would try starting at the very bottom and going up. JMO

Sjorge450R
03-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
The rebound is usally going to be on the bottom of the shock, most of the time a flat head screw. Rebound is how fast the shock returns to it fully extended place. Preload just adjusts the ride hight, so unless you want to lower it I would just leave it alone. Now the compreesion it always going to be on the ressie, just like rebound it's usally going to adjust with a flat head screw or a knob. Compression adjusts how hard it is to compress the shock. Higher you go the harder it is, the lower you go the softer it is, I would try starting at the very bottom and going up. JMO

Now you say when I go harder, do you mean screw it all the way in? And soft is all the way out???

Cody_300ex
03-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Now you say when I go harder, do you mean screw it all the way in? And soft is all the way out???

Yes.

zeppelin
03-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
Compression adjusts how hard it is to compress the shock. Higher you go the harder it is, the lower you go the softer it is, I would try starting at the very bottom and going up. JMO no offense but youve got it wrong. the preload spring DOES affect stiffness, the compression setting does not. the compression alows you to change how fast the shock is allowed to compress, higher means it compresses slower, lower means it will compress faster.

Sjorge450R
03-28-2006, 03:07 PM
how many clicks from the slowest postition is everyone running there rebound? When I go down bumpy straightaways, my rear end bounces up everywhere. Should I soften the compression and increase the rebound.