View Full Version : Using different shocks in one quad

korniev
03-28-2006, 04:14 AM
Do you guys think it is ok to have front and rear shocks from different brands , like say having PEP on the rear and Elka in front (all LT) or you better off only having one brand in your quad???

woodsman250r
03-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes as long as they are all setup the same for your riding style you shouldn't have a problem. What brand you put on your bike is up to the rider and mixing them isn't a problem if they are setup the same.

300exOH
03-28-2006, 09:59 AM
I agree with woodsman250r. As long as they are set up for you and your riding style they will be fine. Just make sure you don't mix SSD (zero preload) shocks with non-SSD. I have elka SSD fronts with with a Works rear (converted to SSD) and they seem to work very well together.

03-28-2006, 10:38 AM
ya it would be fine to do if it is setup for your riding style and weight etc

400exMO
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I agree with woodsman250r. As long as they are set up for you and your riding style they will be fine. Just make sure you don't mix SSD (zero preload) shocks with non-SSD. I have elka SSD fronts with with a Works rear (converted to SSD) and they seem to work very well together.
Not trying to hyjack thread!!

What if I have a zps converted rear from C@D Racing and triple rate non zps elkas up front? Should I get the elkas converted to zps? But I don't want my quad to be that low in the front!

300exOH
03-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO

What if I have a zps converted rear from C@D Racing and triple rate non zps elkas up front? Should I get the elkas converted to zps? But I don't want my quad to be that low in the front!

The quad would probably handle best with ZPS on them both. You can still set your ride height where you need it with the ZPS shocks.

03-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO

you will be ok, you just need to adjust the ride height correctly