PDA

View Full Version : Dirtbike kill switch as starter! Having problems :(

awsomeaussies
03-27-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm trying to install a cr250 kill switch as my starter button. I hooked up the green wire to the black wire. The black wire had some gray squares on it:confused: Is that the right wire?!?! Then I hooked up the white/black wire to the yellow/orange wire.

I wrapped some electrical tape on my bars and mounted the kill switch and grounded the wire on it....

But nothing happens:ermm: The fuse is fine. I'm not sure if I'm missing a step or I've heard that some cr kill switches wont work.

Any help would be appreciated;)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/awsomeaussies206/killswitch.jpg

Pappy
03-27-2006, 08:59 PM
its been a long time since i wired one, but i dont remeber grounding it. you also may want to wrap a piece of black tape under the switch so it doesnt ground itself on the bars

premiumtommy
03-27-2006, 09:50 PM
one wire goes to the black w yellow stripe on the module right in front

other wire is grounded

awsomeaussies
03-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by premiumtommy
one wire goes to the black w yellow stripe on the module right in front

other wire is grounded

I have a Pro Armor kill switch and isn't that supposed to be hooked up to the black/yellow wire?

awsomeaussies
03-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Anyone?

premiumtommy
03-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
I have a Pro Armor kill switch and isn't that supposed to be hooked up to the black/yellow wire?

yes

regardless of the brand, it just grounds the circuit loop to kiil the spark

you can use a toggle switch if you really wanted to

awsomeaussies
03-28-2006, 05:54 PM
So do I hook up the new starter with the kill switch:confused: Because I thought that I just take the 2 wires that went to the stock starter and hook them up to the new dirtbike switch. But nothing happened:scary:

Rico
03-29-2006, 08:01 AM
This LINK (http://www.********forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3251) will show you how to do it with pics.