PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think????????

Duke450r
03-27-2006, 08:19 PM
OK today I was changing the tires on the R, and as I finished the rears, I gave them a spin while up on the stand. It was in neutral, but it seemed to be a little stiff, so I did it a few more times. I then jacked up the back end of the other R we have, and gave it a spin, it seemed notably easier.

I then removed all of the tension off of the parking brake, no change. Then I removed the complete brake assembly, and still it was notably stiffer than the other machine with it's brake attached.

We then warmed both machines up, and it was still more difficult to spin the tires, by hand, on my R. Both of these machines are 05's with low hours on them, and neither have ever been ridden in water or muddy conditions.

Also, I removed the chain to see if there was a problem with the carrier bearings....... NOT, the axle spins freely without the chain on.

Maybe this is a problem, maybe it's not, but it seems strange to me. I just wanted to get you guys to weigh in and tell me what you think. It seems to me that a little stiffness to the rear axle, would = a serious hp drain.

What do you think?

Thanks

bwilson624
04-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Another good way to check the carrier bearings is to jack up the rear end and try to move the axle forwards and backwards. If it moves in the carrier at all then it may be the bearings. Thats about all I can think of. Good luck though. Keep us posted

fastrider450r
04-01-2006, 10:33 PM
do u have a rear skid plate? sometimes when you adjust the chain the rear rotor hits the skid causing it to spin hard