PDA

View Full Version : 250ex questions

ryann mx68
03-27-2006, 06:59 PM
couple of questions

trying to help out my neighbors son with his 250ex

need to know what exhaust systems are availible for this, and will a exhaust, airbox, and rejet wake this thing up?

thanks......

BlasterEaten250
03-27-2006, 07:58 PM
there are alot of exhausts- WB e-series, fmf megamax, fmf Q-series, sparks, duncan fatboy-4, graydon proline, HMF, yoshimura, dg accelerater, and some I am forgetting.

I reccomend a K&N filter and taking off the airbox lid. This improves torque a lot and also throttle response. Doing this, plus a good pipe, and rejetting will give you a good amount of power.

ZeroLogic
03-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Sparks would be the best pipe for the 250ex but it is loud. HMF also makes nice pipes too. Like said above, a K and N airfilter is one of the most power-gaining air filters out there. I would go with them for a air filter. Also take off your air box lid so the air filter gets more air to suck into the engine when you buy a new exhaust. You should see a nice power gain from this. IMO 250ex aren't really worth putting mods into.

Traindog71
03-28-2006, 06:40 AM
JE Pistons make a .5 mm overbore high comp piston (11.5:1) and Web Camshafts make a cam for it. They really wake up the 250EX. My son's has the following done to it:

JE high comp piston
Web Cam
HMF Full System
EHS Racing Air Box Lid
Dyno Jet Kit
Big Gun CDI
Elka Front Shocks
ITP Bajas
Razr 2s
DG Nerfs
DG Front Bumper
Custom Graphics Kit from GoForItGraphics.com
ODI Grips
Moose Bark Buster Hand Guards

Will easily outrun my new 06 Wolverine 450, clocks out at 55mph+

BlasterEaten250
03-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Traindog71
JE Pistons make a .5 mm overbore high comp piston (11.5:1) and Web Camshafts make a cam for it. They really wake up the 250EX. My son's has the following done to it:

JE high comp piston
Web Cam
HMF Full System
EHS Racing Air Box Lid
Dyno Jet Kit
Big Gun CDI
Elka Front Shocks
ITP Bajas
Razr 2s
DG Nerfs
DG Front Bumper
Custom Graphics Kit from GoForItGraphics.com
ODI Grips
Moose Bark Buster Hand Guards

Will easily outrun my new 06 Wolverine 450, clocks out at 55mph+ do you have any pictures of that? I am just curious to see what it looks like.:cool:

Rider-trx_250ex
03-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Sparks would be the best pipe for the 250ex but it is loud. HMF also makes nice pipes too. Like said above, a K and N airfilter is one of the most power-gaining air filters out there. I would go with them for a air filter. Also take off your air box lid so the air filter gets more air to suck into the engine when you buy a new exhaust. You should see a nice power gain from this. IMO 250ex aren't really worth putting mods into.

i also have a 250 and if i would take the airbox cover off and get an aftermarket air filter and put my megamax on what do i have to do to the carb?

BlasterEaten250
03-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Raise the main jet.

Rider-trx_250ex
03-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Raise the main jet.

any information on doing that would be great

zeppelin
03-28-2006, 04:46 PM
it pretty simple, just take the carb off and then remove the float bowl. the main jet will be the large brass screw in the center. remove it and see what size it is then go to a local shop and tell them you would like one size larger than whats in there. you wont see much benifit from it though unless you get a pipe and filter with it.

atvfrk10
03-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Pro circuit, DMC, and Big gun has a pipe for it also

BlasterEaten250
03-28-2006, 05:24 PM
O yeah, I knew I forgot some.

Sjorge450R
03-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
it pretty simple, just take the carb off and then remove the float bowl. the main jet will be the large brass screw in the center. remove it and see what size it is then go to a local shop and tell them you would like one size larger than whats in there. you wont see much benifit from it though unless you get a pipe and filter with it.

doesnt the 250ex have the nut on the bottom that reveils the main jet?

313racing
03-28-2006, 08:00 PM
I HAVE A CURTIS SPARKS EXHAUST FOR SALE $225 only has 20 hours and one race on it heres the link for the pipe http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=215966
hands down best pipe for 250ex but the loudest also
its idle had to be tested at 95db