PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

SeanOO13
03-27-2006, 05:38 PM
I am a recreational rider. I ride mostly on trails, fields, and home tracks. I was wondering what would be a good suspension upgrade for the 06 450r. I don't want to spend a fourtune so would revalving the stock shocks be a good option. If so, where would be a good place to get that done. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

03-27-2006, 06:22 PM
revalving would be fine for you, G T Thunder would be the place to go :macho

woodsman250r
03-27-2006, 06:37 PM
I will agree with Norton on this one, Laz is doing some great things with stock shocks to keep down cost and raise performance and comfort.

03-27-2006, 07:30 PM
i ordered my GTTHUNDER setup through www.aggressivepowersports.com and saved about $100 then ordering direct

04'400ex'er
03-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Also consider C&D or Di Risi. GT Thunder has his own linkage with his rear rebuild, as does Di Risi. C&D does not offer a linkage with theirs. I think the turn around time on the Di Risi is a little longer than that of C&D's and GT Thunders. They all will most likely be a toss up on the fronts however. Just do some shopping for prices.

BLEEDRED
03-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Just got my stockers back from Gt Thunder today. It was about two weeks for the turn around. And that was going through Aggressive Powersports. They are sitting in my office as we speak...can't wait to bolt them on and ride it.

03-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
revalving would be fine for you, G T Thunder would be the place to go :macho

do you work for GT Thunder?
man, every post about suspension, you're right there pluggin GTT.

03-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by force
do you work for GT Thunder?
man, every post about suspension, you're right there pluggin GTT.

no, i help those who help me :macho

GT Thunder does wonderful work, he helped me get my suspension setup and revalved and resprung them, he really knows his stuff, and anyone who is willing to help me out, i will try to help them out as much as i possibly can, so anytime someone asks about what revalve to get, i reccommend what i believe is best, which just happens to be GT Thunder

woodsman250r
03-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Nortin might be pluggin away for GT Thunder all the time but in his defense GT Thunder does some of the best work out there today for suspension. Not saying that Derisi or C&D doesn't but there are tons of people out there that have had GT work their shocks and have had nothing bad to say. Laz has great turn around, customer service as well as doing some of the best work around. Just go to a race and see how many quads have a GT Thunder sticker slapped on there. :macho

hartnett18
03-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi i have a 400ex and i am having trouble with my works shocks they are setup wrong and are squirly and soft but where set to my weight i have plus two aarms and was wondering if i put 450r shocks on my bike would it sit higher of the ground after u install the shocks or what

exrider44
03-29-2006, 05:34 PM
One of the first things I did to my 04 was change the rear shock and get it revalved by GTT. Huge difference. The bike handles way better I cant imagine having the fronts done. Laz does great work.

hartnett18
03-29-2006, 05:42 PM
thanks im thinking bout doin it because my shocks are a pain to deal with i just want them to be right im sick of the crappy handiling

400exMO
03-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 04'400ex'er
Also consider C&D or Di Risi. GT Thunder has his own linkage with his rear rebuild, as does Di Risi. C&D does not offer a linkage with theirs. I think the turn around time on the Di Risi is a little longer than that of C&D's and GT Thunders. They all will most likely be a toss up on the fronts however. Just do some shopping for prices.
Not bashing but C@D doesn't offer a link for certain reasons. They get a low enough ride height without offering a link with the zps. They also use a special valve that gives one more inch of travel. They do not feel a link is necessary with their setup, it already gets rid of the bucking. And then you don't have the link hanging low and have to cut out your skid plate. I do recommend GT THunder, but consider all three names that were given out.