PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the ?

jeremy_283
03-27-2006, 05:16 PM
ok i think i am about to have a big clash with my local dealer about me paying to get my piston rings replaced and them not doing it.... first- "the story"- i took my atv in to my local honda dealer to get second gear fixed under warranty cause it broke and they called me up and said my piston rings needed to be replaced so i said sure and paid them $37 for that... so overall i paid them $37 dollars to get my piston rings replaced which didnt happen and i paid no service charges because they already had my engine apart for the warranty.... so since i paid $37 for somthing that never got fixed will they fix it for free since i already paid them for rings which were never put in or will they charge me service charges.... or frekin i dont know u tell me wat to do... i am so frekin confused... all in all here it is summarized in a timeline order........... piston rings supposedly replaced,1 week passes, quad smokes worse then a 2 stroke, call local shop and they say it cant be covered under warranty cuz i got a pipe and crap, 3 weeks from the supposud ring replacement,.... took it to where i bought it from, found out rings were never replaced cuz theres a 1/8th INCH GAP BETWEEN THE RINGS AND THE CYLINDER WALL! ............ what do u think will happen?.... and were do i report bad buisness practices?

2004exrider
03-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Do you have a receipt? If so show them that they charged you for new rings and it never happened. If they give you crap show them how theres a gap in them, that shouldnt ever happen in 3 weeks. That is bull****, i'd call up the better business bureau, or Honda themselves.

Jimmy

plkmonster2
03-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Your bike must have a lot of hours on it, or it got way too hot, and ruined the rings. Is your cylinder still in spec? MAke sure to check that. It is 85.00 to 85.10 mm I believe. My honda shop alqways seems to find things too, even though there is nothing wrong. The Yamaha shop is much better, but they are little more expensive for me. I'd just pay a visit to the shop and show them.

ohsobad_chevy
03-27-2006, 10:01 PM
At the Honda dealership, It is all for the dollar. No doubt. I dont trust the folks at the honda dealership here.

Eddiesanders250
03-27-2006, 10:45 PM
I hate our honda dealership here in bend. I always know what i want and never ask for any suggestions there. i never get any work done there either they are rediculously over priced.

jeremy_283
03-28-2006, 08:39 AM
we all need i big website posting every atv shop we hate....... i bought my quad from a shop that every other dealer in missouri hated and said stuff about their bad service..... well its the best place i've seen.... bought my ex for like 4600 new....... seems to me the service guys are the only people that ever shuld even see your bike cuz seems to me that a lot of them dont care about the money..... they get paid hourly and not by how much they make the shop...... i took my atv to a dealer where the service department is like a mile away from the main store

jeremy_283
03-28-2006, 08:43 AM
this shop didnt find the problem .... i knew there was a problem when my quad started smokin worse than a 2 stroke...... and yes i have a lot of hours on my quad, because i have no life, well , i have no social life

EXevan91
03-28-2006, 05:33 PM
obvisioly your on here... thats why there called stealerships... i would never trust them unless its under warrenty and well arnt the rings under the engine paln too arent they?

bwamos
03-29-2006, 07:43 AM
To the guy above me.
Any mods, like jetting, pipe, cam, etc. will all void the factor warranty.

To the origional poster.. sorry you got screwed.. but there's really no way to prove that they didn't change the rings. You could prove that their work was faulty however.

You did rejet after you added the aftermarket pipe, correct?

If I ever have someone work on my car, atv, bicycle, etc.. I ALWAYS make them give me the old parts back that they replaced unless it's a core charge part. Then I make them show me the old part.

If they say they cant do that.. then you want to go elsewhere. ;)

jeremy_283
03-29-2006, 05:44 PM
i can prove they didnt install new rings and i will

bwamos
03-30-2006, 06:47 AM
Those rings gapped at like an eight of an inch should be proof enough that the rings weren't gapped correctly at best. They should still be responsible for fixing their error.