PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Brake Lines

hauck400ex
03-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Just ordered a set of front and rear stainless steel brake lines and grunts and a block off plate... any substantial increase in braking with these new lines? I am thinking about getting in to Hare scrambles and stuff, so I figured it would help a little bit, and I got a hell of a deal on them new so I couldnt pass it up

NacsMXer
03-27-2006, 01:56 PM
They won't make a huge difference in actual braking, but they will give you a more confident feel in the brake levers themselves. You won't have that "spongy" feel like with the stockers where you could almost pull the lever to the handlebars without a problem. You will get a nice firm feel instead. Just make sure you bleed them really well ( a lot of air gets into the calipers when you remove the stock lines) or you will be disappointed.

F-16Guy
03-27-2006, 07:40 PM
I felt a definite improvement in braking. I have the style that has two separate lines from the master cylinder that go to each brake caliper. I used to not be able to lock my front brakes up unless I pulled the lever all the way to the bars. Now the lever is much more firm and my front brakes lock up fairly easily. Definitely money well spent.