PDA

View Full Version : Works with Elka Springs?

2000ex
07-26-2002, 03:33 PM
Works with Elka Springs?
I have a set of Works Triple Rates w/rezzies (non-threaded preload) I am trying to dial in the spring rate and sag. I wish the springs on the came with their spring rate on them, but they don't. It appears to me that my shocks came with the same 1st and 2nd spring.

I have experimented with changing the preload so in theory they are currently running zero preload (I can compress with my hand and remove the clip). I also removed the largest spacer on the top spring to drop it even lower.

My theory is by running a similar setup as the SSD spring and corresponding spring Elka setup I will get a lower ride height, as well as better performance similar to that of a SSD shock.

I am under the impression that Elka is using Eibach and Hyperco springs for their setups. I am interested if anyone is running either of these springs on their Works as an upgrade, or their thoughts on making this upgrade.

ajr400ex
07-26-2002, 04:52 PM
You can doanload the manual for custom axis shocks. It tells you in there how to calculate the spring rate for a spring if you do not know what it is. The valving and spring rate is setup to work together. Just changing the spring rate may not work as well as a shock that is designed to run more sag. I would call Works and speak with their technical department. They should be able to help you out with getting the shock to do what you want. Works stadium series shocks are setup with alot of sag.