PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing is Racing?

Chino886
03-27-2006, 06:32 AM
Alright guys, I know there is going to be a little bumping, rubbing, and tangling up in racing, but how much is acceptable and what do you do if you think someone is doing a little too much?

I was in my first race this past weekend, I took the holeshot and led for the first 3 turns, then on the 4th turn, some kid ran in to my rear tire (t-boned me) and flipped me over. Then he comes up to me after the race and tells me "rubbing is racing"!

Boy was I ticked off! :grr:

But the great thing is, on my first race, first start, I took the holeshot on my bike, damn was I nervous!

Loser450
03-27-2006, 10:41 AM
If he hit you hard enough to flip you, I'd be pissed. I can see a little bump and run, thats normal where I've raced, but getting up under somebody and putting them on their hood would be an asskicking waiting to happen.

Chino886
03-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Loser450
If he hit you hard enough to flip you, I'd be pissed. I can see a little bump and run, thats normal where I've raced, but getting up under somebody and putting them on their hood would be an asskicking waiting to happen.

Well.....if it would not have been my first race, I probably would have, but now I know that crap is not acceptable, I will be bringing my spare axle along for the trip......for the beating!!!! :devil:

Rob Dob
03-27-2006, 11:16 AM
First off, congrats on the holeshot in your first race! :D

Rubbing is racing, but there is a line that you shouldn't cross. If I'm thinking right, was the turn you flipped on off camber? If it was then it wouldn't take much of a rub at all to flip you over. Even at that, he should have apologized. Were you able to keep racing after the flip?

Chino886
03-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey Rob, thanks, I kind of scared the crap out of myself, I did not know how to lead (sounds kind of funny, but I never thought I would be in the lead on my first race on a stock bore, stock stroke 400).

I am not sure what a "off camber" turn is, but it was a hard right hand turn, I was getting ready to come out of the turn, on the throttle and the next thing I know I am on the hood, then flipped over on the dirt. I stood up, ran back to the quad, which was on all fours (must of tumbled all the way over) plugged in the tether and I was on my way. Finished 7th out of 8 on first heat.

Rob Dob
03-27-2006, 11:55 AM
First heat? I thought you were talking about the harescramble in Westphalia this past weekend. I am assuiming you are talking about an mx or tt race.:confused:

In my second XC race, I was flying (or at least I thought I was) up a hill with only one line to take and I hit a bump and kicked the rear of my quad up and the guy behind was obviusly haulling ***, becasue he came up under my axle and proceeded to push me on over. I never got pissed, but he broke his clutch lever and was done for the day, I dusted myself off and kept racing. Even if it ended my day, I probably wouldn't have got pissed, because of me being so in-experienced, but the other guy learned a lesson. I guess what goes around comes around.

As far as the rider that flipped you orver, that guy will eventually get what's coming to him in the future unless he changes his style of racing. Good luck in your up-coming races!:D

Chino886
03-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks Rob, Good Luck to you also!

holister
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
i'm just wondering if you went to the timber run race and if you did is that were that happened

i was there racing the #16 blue and silver 300ex racing small bore advanced

jhoppa
03-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Rubbing is NOT racing, especially in Open Wheel vehicles

Not very difficult to hit the guy in front of you to get him out of the way for the pass. Bumping somebody does not take talent or good driving ability.

I know a little bumping happens, but it sounds like the race director did you 'wrong' buy not penalizing the guy who took you out.

Chino886
03-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by holister
i'm just wondering if you went to the timber run race and if you did is that were that happened

i was there racing the #16 blue and silver 300ex racing small bore advanced

Hey Holister,

Yup, I was at Timber Run, I race a 400EX, yellow plastics #130.

Chino886
03-28-2006, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by jhoppa
Rubbing is NOT racing, especially in Open Wheel vehicles

Not very difficult to hit the guy in front of you to get him out of the way for the pass. Bumping somebody does not take talent or good driving ability.

I know a little bumping happens, but it sounds like the race director did you 'wrong' buy not penalizing the guy who took you out.

Yeah, I am going to see what I can do......the more I think about it, the more I think it was on purpose.

pro6
03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
rubbing is not racing with open wheels. Thats how people get hurt. By idiots that say "rubbing is racing"

Rob Dob
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
Are you saying that if you get "rubbed" (or bumped) during a race that it is wrong? I don't believe that anyone would rub bikes on purpose, at least I would never do that. But the fact is, that it happens all the time. I don't believe anyone is comparing this NASCAR stlye rubbing, because yes with "open wheels", that is stupid and people will get hurt.

pro6
03-31-2006, 10:20 AM
No, I'm saying if you get "rubbed" by someone that says "rubbing is racing" then that guy is an idiot and he is going to hurt someone.

QuadJunkies
04-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Rubbing is racing, there is also dirty racing and there is some nutty mofos out there that will do it too!!

jdwxv3
04-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Rubbing and bumping happens. So rubbing is racing, like the last promotoer at our Mo race said yell twice.....then he/she is fair game. So give the person(if they are not in your class) a chance to move, if they dont give them a few bumps and rubs until they get out of the way. An Chino as far as bringing the axle to the race I was always told not to bring something to a fight that you dont want shoved up your a$Z:uhoh: ;)! Also are you going to race any of the Missouri Hare Scrambles? If so look me up. Orange 450R # 39. Oh yea, one last thing, I belive what the person did to you in that race was out of line. I never hit anyone to make the wreck or flip, I just bump there bumper to wake them up to move. I will never try to hurt any one and that guy should have got black flagged if he truley did it on purpose. It may have been accidental but it dont sound like it. Good luck in the future. Later, Josh

Chino886
04-05-2006, 06:14 AM
Hey Josh,

I agree with what you posted, I just don't think they will hear me if I yell twice on the MX track. I would be interested in trying a harescramble race if you got some stock arms that I could borrow, I don't think my +3 arms are woods friendly. I would probably not make it too long either since 1 heat of a MX race and I get pretty tired.

Good luck to you this year!

Chino886

jdwxv3
04-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Yea I guess you dont have to much time to yell on the MX track. lol. And I might be able to find some a-arms:)

ThumPIN_450R
04-05-2006, 07:55 AM
A good quote I heard once that I can't remember where or who I heard it from will work good here " Allot of people think nerf bars are there for you're protection but they are not, Nerfs are for nerfing people". I like to live by the 3 tap rule 1 tap is I'm here. 2 taps is pick a line and stay there, 3 taps I'm deciding for you. I usually have patience with people out there but if somebody is obviously slower than me and holding me up it will piss me off and that person more than likely will get a bump in a corner. It won't be a take out hit usually (that is assuming they are good enough riders to hang on) but it will let them know I wasn't happy.

Chino886
04-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
Yea I guess you dont have to much time to yell on the MX track. lol. And I might be able to find some a-arms:)

Yeah, let me know, I think it would be fun to try.