PDA

View Full Version : Yet another CDI Question

03sp500
03-27-2006, 04:49 AM
OKay I installed a Hi Rev CDI and a Pro Design tether on Monkey Boys 03 Pred90. All went well but I have some questions maybe you guys can help me with.

it will only start with the factory key switch on and the factory kill switch on and the factory tether connected, once it starts all three of those do nothing, you can turn anyone of them off or even unplugg them and they wont kill the bike. The only way to shut it off is to pull the Prodesign Tether out.

I connected the leads from the factory tether and taped them off, am I doing something wrong? how do I get the kill switch to work? or do I have to pull the tether everytime to shut off the bike. The only wire I didnt use is the grey wire going to the oil injection since I took it off. Any help would be great

bigdaddy
03-27-2006, 09:04 AM
When we put a Pro design kill switch on my boys Polaris 90 all I did was run the longer wire on the switch to the + side on the coil and the other to the ground wire at the coil bolt. It will crank over but wont fire and all the stock switches still work.

03sp500
03-27-2006, 09:33 AM
When you say + side of coil, there is only one connection at the coil, a spade connection. do you hook it there ? if so do you splice it with the spade connection or unplugg the spade and only plug in the long wire off the tether?

bigdaddy
03-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Its the spade connector on the coil. I cut the connector off the stock wire and spliced the 2 wires to a new connector and then plug it back in.