PDA

View Full Version : Which has better looks and quality?

yellow400
07-26-2002, 02:29 PM
What nerf bars have better looks and quality....DG alloy, or AC alloy. And do you have to drill any holes to install either one of these?
Post pictures if you can

thanks

Razorback
07-26-2002, 02:38 PM
i've heard many complaints about the dg's. i ride with guys who have them and they don't like 'em. i have ac's and i can't complain. i did have to drill two holes in each peg, but it was no big deal. i kept my heel guards, too.

07-26-2002, 02:40 PM
Well, I can't post a pic (spent my money on quad parts instead of computer accessories:D) but I like the AC nerfs better and I think they look a lot better, at least to my eyes. As for drilling holes, yes. To mount the regular alloy AC nerfs you will have to drill holes in your footpegs for the nerf mounting bolts. That is unless you had something else mounted there and the holes happen to line up, but you might as well count on drilling. The front of the nerfs attach at one of the front motor mount bracket bolts.

Punk13rym
07-26-2002, 03:21 PM
i have to AC propegs and when i installed them i didn'r drill any holes. you don't have to intall the heel gaurds if you don't wnat too.

yellow400
07-26-2002, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Punk13rym
i have to AC propegs and when i installed them i didn'r drill any holes. you don't have to intall the heel gaurds if you don't wnat too. [/QUOTE

yo punk13rym
I wouldn't get pro pegs though, i would just get standard. And I think the reason that you didn't have to drill holes was because you got the pegs with them. Usually you have to drill holes into the pegs.

Punk13rym
07-26-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by yellow400
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Punk13rym
i have to AC propegs and when i installed them i didn'r drill any holes. you don't have to intall the heel gaurds if you don't wnat too. [/QUOTE

yo punk13rym
I wouldn't get pro pegs though, i would just get standard. And I think the reason that you didn't have to drill holes was because you got the pegs with them. Usually you have to drill holes into the pegs.

i do have the pro pegs i got them already. but i have no idea what your trying to tell me.

yamaha1470
07-28-2002, 06:48 AM
he said even though u have the propegs he would get regular nerfs. he said u didnt have to drill bc u got pegs. on the standards u have to drill through the pegs but not on the pro pegs.

muff
07-28-2002, 08:53 AM
dont get the dg alloys, my friend has them and they bend so easily, he's throwing them out and buying a set of ac propegs because he likes my propegs so much

i wish i had a picture of his dgs, they are so bend up,, then his footpeg bolt broke and the nerfbar got caught in the tire and got ripped down, and they mount horribly in the front because they have a U bolt that goes around the frame which isnt nearly as strong as the acs with bolt to the engine mount

Pappy
07-28-2002, 09:08 AM
i have had both.....and i like the ac much better. they both work ..but i think the ac has a better mounting set up.

stocktires
07-28-2002, 06:17 PM
-I got pro-peg AC's.
-I had regular DG's

the AC's are WAAAAAYYY nicer! AC is Much MUCH better looking and the mounting is alot better and stronger (std. ac vs std. dg).

But My friend has the extreme fabrication nerfs and they are pretty nice! He only paid $100 for them brand new!

And for pro-peg vs. std, Pro-pegs are much stronger because the built in pegs wont bend like the stock pegs will after heavy jumping. And they look ALOT cleaner when installed (not a bunch of nuts and bolts).

Jay300ex
07-28-2002, 10:52 PM
I've got DG nerf's and I dont really like them very much, kind of ugly . And as it was stated above, the front is attached with a U bolt, yuk. I will probably get AC nerfs after I get my suspension . Get the AC bumper and nerfs together. Yep =)

Jay

Sparks425Ex
07-29-2002, 09:25 AM
Go with the Ac Pro Pegs. They are the best. To install them is a breeze. And they look wicked sweet.

yellow400
07-29-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by LSR416Ex
Go with the Ac Pro Pegs. They are the best. To install them is a breeze. And they look wicked sweet.

where did you get the pro pegs. and how much are they