PDA

View Full Version : atv ransport WOOPS!!

antman
03-26-2006, 09:38 PM
anyone ever loose there quad outa the back of a pick up truck...

one time we had 3 quads in the back of my friends dads gmc 1500. my kfx, my friend landers 250r and my friend ryans 300ex.

we were driving down the road and we all the sudden look back and the 300ex is gone.

we were like WTF... they were straped down but the strap had broke...

we went back and forund it... it had landed on all 4s and rolled about 150 feet off the road into the brush ...

amazingly it was not damaget at all so we loaded it back up and continued on our way to go riding for the day...

nowukno
03-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Never had mine fallout (Knock on wood) but have always feared the tailgate would fly open. I always ziptie the front brake and run a tie down strap from the quad to one of the hooks in the bed near the cab just incase.

250rAL
03-27-2006, 07:47 AM
4 straps on each machine is cheap insurance.

MR.BIG
03-27-2006, 07:56 AM
I sold my 200s a three wheeler years ago to a friend and he loaded it on the trailer. I guess one of the straps broke and the thing tumbled off into the brush and got pretty screwed up.

400exrider99
03-27-2006, 02:38 PM
me and my freind were going riding and about 250ft from my housemy freinds triZ felloff his trailer and we r in hte middle of the road so we had to hurry and flip the trike bad over and push it out of the way so the other cars could by. very embarasing

fast_enough
03-27-2006, 07:06 PM
I watched a buddy of mine on his warrior try to ride a wheelie out of the back of his truck. By far the funniest thing that month, killed it and flipped forward and quad was on him. Stupid hurts

antman
03-27-2006, 07:50 PM
lol. stupid hurts... one of the best sayings ever!

NacsMXer
03-27-2006, 09:50 PM
I haven't ever had an ATV transport woops lol, but it did happen to me and my dad when we were picking up a brand new SeaDoo GSX limited.

The dealership was right down the road from us and we were picking it up along with a new trailer for it. When we leave we realize we don't have ratchet straps so we just decide to crank it down at the front winch and drive slow back home.

Maybe 1 minute after leaving we make a right turn onto a road. As we are turning, the trailer tire hits a huge pothole and next thing you know the brand new SeaDoo is skidding 20 mph down the road! :eek2: :p It leaped like 3ft up off the trailer before it landed too...lucky there was just gelcoat damage. It left a huge red skid mark down the road though lol. Learned a lesson that day...:ermm:

clutt225
03-28-2006, 07:17 AM
I got one. A friend of mine was in his garage and herd a crash out side. He went out to check it out, and found a brand new bomb 600ho with big wheel and tire kit on a double wide sled trailer upside down on his front yard and no one was there. he had time to get his dad to help him flip it over and reload the quad before the two dumb asses came back lookin for thier quad and trailer. It seems they were so excited to take thier new quad to the trails not one of them hooked up the safe chains or properly latched the ball. They drove allmost 5 miles down the hwy before they realized they lost it.

BKex
03-28-2006, 09:04 AM
I had my R on a two place snowmobile trailer that tilts for loading on and off. Some how the pin for the tilt on the trailer worked its self out and i look back to see the front of the trailer up in the air and the rear draging on the highway. Luckily i had a strap on each coner of the quad.

Slinky
03-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by antman
anyone ever loose there quad outa the back of a pick up truck...

one time we had 3 quads in the back of my friends dads gmc 1500. my kfx, my friend landers 250r and my friend ryans 300ex.

we were driving down the road and we all the sudden look back and the 300ex is gone.

we were like WTF... they were straped down but the strap had broke...

we went back and forund it... it had landed on all 4s and rolled about 150 feet off the road into the brush ...

amazingly it was not damaget at all so we loaded it back up and continued on our way to go riding for the day...
how the hell do you fit 3 quads in the back of a 1500...hell even an 8ft bed couldnt fit 3 quads!

400EXtreme
03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Slinky
how the hell do you fit 3 quads in the back of a 1500...hell even an 8ft bed couldnt fit 3 quads! lol weve fit 3 in a f 350.

antman
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
i know its a crappy drawing , but be did it somthing like this.

Slinky
03-29-2006, 08:00 PM
i know its a crappy drawing , but be did it somthing like this. ah ok...i was kinda thinkin like that lol....get them there how ever works right? lol

antman
03-29-2006, 08:37 PM
heck yeah... what eva gots to be done to go riding ...WILL be done... LoL!!! Yep we only had one truck to use that day so we made it work.

miller821
03-29-2006, 08:42 PM
i know its a crappy drawing , but be did it somthing like this.
LMAO! Nice drawing.

03-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Not a quad.. but funny as hell!

2-3 years ago my mom went to wal mart n got a plastic fish pond. She just kinda threw it in the truck n we left. Once we got going that thing flew like a kite! It hit some guys truck n he thought it was funny cuz it just fell out of the sky lol

Chicksdigme423
03-29-2006, 08:58 PM
that does kinda sound pretty funny:p

i can remember... wayyyyyy back, on thing i wont ever forget, we were all packed up in the trucks getting ready to move *i was about 3.. dont ask how i can remember* and my first bicycle falls out the back of the truck and my dad wouldnt go back for it:(

oh well, less than a year later i think i got a new one..