PDA

View Full Version : front shocks

400exrules
03-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Is their a way to adjust my front stock shocks on my 400ex, cuz their stiff as hell and they beat me up. i race harescrambles by the way, so i wont be hittin huge jumps or anything

94F450SD
03-26-2006, 08:38 PM
turn the collar at the bottom of the spring to lessen the preload wich will lower the front a little but i found it didnt help much if any.i ended up buying a set of used works triple rate with rezzies and love em.much better/softer ride.also try a steering stabilizer,i got one of those too and love it.next is an antivibe steering stem.i rode a friends quad with one and likes it alot.that with the stabilizer and front shocks should make for a sweet ride!!!

400exrules
03-26-2006, 08:41 PM
im thinkin about pickin up some kind of cheap, used aftermarket shocks. should i look for ones with or without rezzies...any brands to stay away from? i will probably be using stock a-arms, because the harescrambles i race are pretty tight

94F450SD
03-27-2006, 06:29 AM
if you do a search for shocks you will get more info than you can handle.i dont know a whole lot about the different shocks available but i have read that the works shocks arent that great after i bought them.but ive been very happy with them so far.

400exMO
03-27-2006, 11:10 AM
The stock shocks will be stiff no matter what you do. If you're on a budget find some used shocks and get them rebuilt. I suggest elkas. Stay away from works, I've only seen people having problems with them. You could also get standard width aarms, look for used, you save a ton of cash.