PDA

View Full Version : Choke Problem

bluebaron
03-26-2006, 07:26 PM
When ever i am riding at WOT for 7-10 seconds the choke goes fully on. Is they any way to tighten it. I would just take it off but i like it for the cold weather.

bluebaron
03-26-2006, 09:22 PM
:confused:

bh2285
03-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Just remove it...You wont have any problems starting it.

premiumtommy
03-27-2006, 01:00 AM
your choke turns on?

how can your choke go on?

if u r at WOT u r holding the throttle wide open...duh...so how can the choke mechanism close?

it would have to return the throttle cable to do so...

i think u r hitting the rev limiter...and in that case go buy a rev box

and y do so many of u people insist on removing the choke...

REMOVING THE CHOKE DOES NOTHING...NOTHING...no performance gains whatsoever...it doesnt make your carb open farther or pass more air...NOTHING

a choke simply closes the airway and dumps more fuel into engine so you can start it when it is cold in the cylinder..

sprtrx300ex
03-27-2006, 04:16 AM
i think he might be talking about thre rev limiter. Are you talking about when you hold the throttle wide open it'll start to rapidly cut out? If so thats your rev limiter.

Flyin-Low
03-27-2006, 05:19 AM
If you arnt talking about the rev limiter, ive had my choke get brushed by my snow pants and suddenly be at full... at first i just put an elastic round it and hooked it to the hose clamp that connects the air filter tube to the carb. It held up fine but i wanted a more permenent solution so i bent the little metal plate on the choke level to it was stiffer.

Good luck.

-Martin