PDA

View Full Version : spring break pics (full size ramp)

Rootar
03-26-2006, 07:23 PM
well had lots of issues over spring break so ill put a caption on each picture telling more

starting off the first day we woke up and it had freaking SNOWED in FREAKING TEXAS and it was COLD and WINDY

hrc
03-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Wish I had the balls to a jump like that. Any action shots?

Rootar
03-26-2006, 07:31 PM
well later in the day we pushed it up and i hit it but was way to windy and cold so onto the next day

day #2
pulled it back to 30 feet first thing and it was still cold but not as windy

Rootar
03-26-2006, 07:36 PM
well the wind picked up in the after noon after we had went trail riding and playing so that afternoon i let it stay at 30

me looking down at my girl friend Kayli sitting on the haybale

Rootar
03-26-2006, 07:44 PM
well local guy showed up and we moved it back to 40 and i took this pick of him and for some reason nobody took any pics of me:grr: but oh well i prolly didnt wanna see it i over shot this gap (44 feet to top) and i landed 62 from the ramp which REALLY hurt becasue i still have a stock rear spring (my zps and new rear spring havent come in yet) so after that little reminder and a sore knee i was done for the day

here is the local guy man did it feel awesome going this high till i landed

Rootar
03-26-2006, 07:59 PM
well my gf has the rest of the pics so when i get them from her ill post more of the 30 feet gap

on saturday i was sore but i went and rode the 30 some more and then entered the crosscountry race it was 6 miles and for time about 3/4th the way through i hit a tree coming out of a sharp corner in 3rd gear pinned and well thank goodness for pappy gusseting my frame and the prm bumper for taking most of the hit. it through me over teh bars and into the tree:( i jumped up and checked my front end over pushed it away from the tree after getting it into neutral then going on to set the second fastest time of teh day:huh and there was some pretty fast guys there on built yfzs raptors and Rs and a new LTR so my dad was pretty impressed and i was astonished and yet confused:confused:

that pretty much ended the day and trip other than some putting around the fun trails wiht my gf on back

Pappy
03-26-2006, 08:02 PM
looks like the bumper did its job, and im glad to hear you are ok.

let me know, ill hook you up with a new bumper at cost seeing you destroyed that one:p

Rootar
03-26-2006, 08:03 PM
grade 8 ss bolts we just got sheared off like tooth picks i need i new bumper any suggestions?

Rootar
03-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Ken I'm Glad to show you the frame damage which was minimal and would have been none except they dont make strong enough bolts but here is teh frame damage a small dent in the frame tube and a little scuff

btw you need to send me some stickers with this next order some like a logo and number becasue i was spreading the wording on your pc'ing and gusseting down there but i didnt have your number so i told themto join the site

Pappy
03-26-2006, 08:18 PM
that sucks dude, battle scars give you character tho:p

ive seen them wrecked on the first ride and broken frames , and broken riders:ermm:

i appreciate the advertising, telling them to join the site is more then enough and i thank you.

Rootar
03-26-2006, 08:32 PM
hey you need the business how else are you gonna fund cody's new MX hybrid lmao :o

here is an example of how hard teh wind was blowing (its a pic i took off teh video camera screen)

Rootar
03-26-2006, 08:39 PM
me sitting with kayli while i took a break im jsut getting the ones from her so they'll be up shortly

she was all bundled up looking like a dork becasue it was so cold

Rootar
03-26-2006, 08:43 PM
me gripping tha tank hard with my knees this was a LONG no hander i let go suicide style as i was still going up scared teh crap outta my mom here is me about to land

Rootar
03-26-2006, 09:33 PM
i didnt get to do many tricks heel clickers, nac nacs,super mans, i ate dirt trying to extend a stripper, dang guys with teh orange ramp had me wanting to do them lol, we'll deifenetly be going back more often since its not a bad drive and my whole family all had a blast.

better pick of the wind issue, maybe running full skids didnt help me much with the wind

Rootar
03-26-2006, 09:51 PM
if you still dont believe me that it was windy lol ok im done with the windy complaints

Rootar
03-26-2006, 09:53 PM

Rootar
03-26-2006, 09:56 PM
they could really gett the timing on whento take pics of tricks but hey im not complaining it was great even having some one there

Rootar
03-26-2006, 10:02 PM
took a milla sec to early this was me going into a heel clicker

Bighead1
03-27-2006, 05:10 AM
Nice pics man, I've always wanted to hit a jump like that but noone around here has one. What gear were you hittin the 30 gap, then the 44?

Rootar
03-27-2006, 06:01 AM
3/4 in 2nd gear for 30 and i hit the 44 in 3rd lil over half but i went way to far

Bighead1
03-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Man that looked fun as crap. When I get rich(lol) I'll get me one of those ramps.

flyin#5
03-27-2006, 03:01 PM
nice pics... im sure you'll be busting out better tricks in no time.

and quit complaining about the cold... make you look like a bunch of sissys. what was it, 40 degrees? at 35 we roll down the windows and turn on the AC. haha...:rolleyes:

Rip_Tear
03-27-2006, 04:01 PM
awsome pics! Hope you don't find any more damage. I can't believe you're gald there was no pics of your wreck! When I wrecked I was like you have been gotten that on film, and they did, so I was happy! My mom on the other hand still doesn't want to see the footage...

Keep busting out like that! Can't wait too see the pics from next time!

toyota200x
03-31-2006, 10:25 AM
I give you credit for hitting that big of gap on a quad.

Rootar
03-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by toyota200x
I give you credit for hitting that big of gap on a quad.

ok but there are tons of guys that hit ALOT farther gaps im working them up but thats small in comparison to all the great talent out there

wolffie
03-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
nice pics... im sure you'll be busting out better tricks in no time.

and quit complaining about the cold... make you look like a bunch of sissys. what was it, 40 degrees? at 35 we roll down the windows and turn on the AC. haha...:rolleyes:

yeah man at 50* we are out in tanks and shorts puttin on sun tan lotion :D upstate Ny weather pretty much sucks up until April and June! Rootar congrats on hitting the ramp man! eventually my friends and i want to hit a metal ramp! its just a matter of time and money. we have a double right now that shoots ya out 30-40 feet and about 10ft of air, but hey ya gotta start somewhere.

JRP
03-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
took a milla sec to early this was me going into a heel clicker

sweet:devil: