PDA

View Full Version : clutch, again..

Fenix169motox
03-26-2006, 07:19 PM
hey ppls, i'm the idjot with a tusk clutch that i put in a long time ago...
its still doing it to me... if the clutch isnt warmed up well, ill put it in gear and it will grap and stall, ( yes with the clutch pulled in) but after i get it runnin again, ill pull in the clutch and throw it into gear, revved up of course, and let it slip and it works fine, can you tell me the problem?
oh yea, i think it was JOEX that sent me a pic of how the clutch goes in the basket, Thanks man!!!!! i had it wrong, but it still does it..

03-26-2006, 09:08 PM
mine did that to me yesterday when i left it outside in the 38* weather is it cold there?

Fenix169motox
03-26-2006, 09:12 PM
yea, that might be part of it, the clutch has only seen 30* weather . . .

400exrider707
03-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Ha I had the same problem, and your not going to get rid of it. I cant remember wear I read it, but I read that if the clutch material is made out of low-budget material it actually will just stick together. I cant remember really how it worked or why it did this, but as soon as I read that I knew it was because I put the tusk clutch in. It held up great other than that, but it was kind of annoying. Ill see if I can find the article wear i read this.

honda460ex
03-28-2006, 04:48 PM
I once had a tusk clutch too. Did the exact same thing. I would put the quad in neutrel, let it warm up a minute, then rev the motor to 3,000 or a pinch more, and drop it into gear with the clutch pulled in. Not good on gears, I know, but it worked while I had it.

zeppelin
03-28-2006, 04:52 PM
i doubt there is anything wrong with it. the cold weather isnt helping, and from what it sounds like its only doing it before the motor is warmed up which is normal.

GYOGI65
03-28-2006, 05:25 PM
just installed a tusk clutch in 426 knowing it was an inexpensive set up with the thought of installing anEBC DIRT DIGGER AT LATER DATE ,no problemsat this time but installed new inner basket and cleaned fingers on outer basket this thing works better than new