PDA

View Full Version : 450r vs LT450r

USAF Dirtboy
03-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Well my boss bought a quadracer lastnight and today we dragged them. I came out victorious with my modded 450r (mods are in sig). But he had the baffle removed with no lid, but anyways. I beat him by 4 quad lengths, and smoked him in the first 3 gears. We raced several times and even switched bikes, but mine came out on top...but I realize I put alot of $ into mine and should be able to win. But his quadracer is awesome, great suspension and handeling.:)

USAF Dirtboy
03-30-2006, 03:18 PM
But he is getting a "cherry bomb" soon...I wonder how this is gonna pan out:)

JIMTED79
03-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Let us know how it pans out, I saw a 05 450R and the new LT450R both with aftermarket full exhaust and the LT450R got him up olds in glamis. I think it would have be different if the honda was an 06.

03-31-2006, 10:04 AM
it's nice to compare quads............but for what i do, drag race results don't mean jack.
no one can run a quad wide open through the woods.

xsr_racing28c
03-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Seeing that you almost never get a perfect drag run, its definatly hard to compare two quads. There really isn't a set good way to compare something, cuz there are way too many variables involved.

JIMTED79
03-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
Seeing that you almost never get a perfect drag run, its definatly hard to compare two quads. There really isn't a set good way to compare something, cuz there are way too many variables involved.

I think your right if the quads are within a quad length but that LT450 got the honda by 2 to 2 1/2 bikes every time and you could see the LT steady pull him.

KrazyKeith
04-03-2006, 05:06 PM
sat. I was riding with a guy w/ a LTR450. I was not impressed at all. That thing seemed real slow. It was all stock no mods at all. I smoked him everywhere. I have a 172 main with no lid or baffle. My 06 ER will pull to the balance point in 5th. I could hardly pull that Suzuki up in 3rd. and . I rode the zuke for a while only cause I couldnt get that dude off My Honda. He told me he bought the wrong quad. I agree with him the Honda is a much better machine by far.

quadfam4
04-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Why did you pull your airbox lid, baffle and rejet? Because it ran like a slug compared to now. The LT-R runs MUCH better when the air box lid and sparky are removed - even more so than the TRX.

Punk'd
04-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by force
it's nice to compare quads............but for what i do, drag race results don't mean jack.

AMEN brotha:)

JIMTED79
04-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by force

WOOOOOOOOOOW!!! he rides in the woods:rolleyes:

thrasher_ex
04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by JIMTED79
WOOOOOOOOOOW!!! he rides in the woods:rolleyes:

wow...your just ignorant....

JIMTED79
04-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
wow...your just ignorant....
Thats right were best friends, how am I ignorant?

thrasher_ex
04-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by JIMTED79
Thats right were best friends, how am I ignorant?

he wasnt gloating or anything about riding in the woods, then you exploit that part of his post and try to make him look like an ***. you post had nothing to contribute to the post. it was just a useless personal attack

JIMTED79
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
he wasnt gloating or anything about riding in the woods, then you exploit that part of his post and try to make him look like an ***. you post had nothing to contribute to the post. it was just a useless personal attack
Have you looked at it, I have left multiple posts and this post had nothing to do with woods riding. So yeah it's gloating and I know you ride in the woods or you would not have got butt hurt just put the shoe on the other foot you would'nt think it was cool.

Jonas
04-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Forget the personal attacks OK.

Drags can give you a very good idea of how much power a quad has and the last time I looked, most races begin with a drag. The Suzuki does have power available, just not stock. Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha are going to be neck and neck with equal mods in my opinion. Personally, I like the fact that everyone doesn't ride the same quad I do. Go Suzuki!

Lax
04-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Just look at the outcome of races, not one company wins all the time, they take turns winning.

04-04-2006, 09:49 AM
for the record, i wasn't gloating.
maybe it was the part where i said "jack", that made you think this.
i apologize for using such a foul word.

KRMit
04-05-2006, 12:54 PM
A friend of mine got a LT-R. He's removed the baffle and airbox lid. He did some modifying with the silencer (unsure what) and installed the cherry bomb. We drag raced twice the other day. He beat me and I beat him. I'm going to say my bike is faster because I suck at drag racing. Then again I have the HRC kit.

john.E.business
04-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Well down at the local honda shop i asked them if theyhad rode the new zuke and they said they hadn't but they raced a couple of them a few weeks ago at a local race and spanked them both... now there 06R had the hrc and im not sure if the ltr450 had and mods but none the less they said they didn't think they would beat a stock 06 R btw thats just what i was told...

Yamahauler_04
04-06-2006, 12:48 PM
I haven't rode the Suzuki yet, but I can tell you from experience that the Honda and Yamaha were less than stellar stock.

They have to meet sound regs, they are all gonne be corked up.

I want to see what they will do piped, filtered, and jetted/mapped to match.

I think you will find they are all pretty equal at that point.

tar
04-06-2006, 03:11 PM
On a drag race shouldn't the r just abuse it because I read in dirtwheels that they dont even run 70! How far did you drag ?

KRMit
04-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by tar
On a drag race shouldn't the r just abuse it because I read in dirtwheels that they dont even run 70! How far did you drag ?
We dragged right up until I was pinned then slowed down. The Honda definately has a little more gearing because I would start pulling him when revved out.

quadfam4
04-06-2006, 07:01 PM
I have both bikes. In sand drags up Olds @ Glamis the LT-R will romp through the whoops and get slowly caught about 3/4 up the hill by a HRC 450R.

JIMTED79
04-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by quadfam4
I have both bikes. In sand drags up Olds @ Glamis the LT-R will romp through the whoops and get slowly caught about 3/4 up the hill by a HRC 450R.

So did you hole shot the 450R and get him through the whoops because your a better rider? Or did you guys switch bikes and got the same results?