PDA

View Full Version : prodesign kill switch

Punk13rym
07-26-2002, 12:37 PM
I'm sure this subject has come up before but my friend recentally purchaced a prodesign kill switch and we can't figure out how to install it. i see that there is on wire that comes off the killswitch i don't know what to do with it. (it didn't come with instructions).
thanks

Razorback
07-26-2002, 12:46 PM
here is a link: http://www.off-road.com/atv/reviews/products/ProDesign/

but...i ended up having some sort of problem with the ground on this, so i spliced into the wiring of the stock kill switch and ground wire and it works better. my entire stock perch is gone though, because i removed my lights and changed to a hydraulic clutch, and use a yz kill switch as my starter button.

07-26-2002, 12:57 PM
Check out this link -Kill Switch Installation (http://www.bluetraxx.com/killswitch_install.html)

The only thing that I do differently is that I don't cut my positive coil wire like it says in Step 2. I simply take an extremely sharp knife and cut off the wire coating all the way around the wire for about a 3/4" length (being extremely careful not to cut any of the wire strands or my hand). Then I twist my stripped kill switch wire around it and wrap tightly with a bunch of electrical tape to be sure that it cannot come loose and that it is completely sealed off. You can also buy inline wire splicers at hardware stores that you can use to connect the wires without having to completely cut the positive coil wire.

Also, your positive coil wire may be a different color than the one in the directions, so be absolutely sure you know which one is the positive coil wire before you start.

Punk13rym
07-26-2002, 01:29 PM
thanks guys i hope this helps

Sparks425Ex
07-26-2002, 01:35 PM
If you are sitting on the quad. On the left hand side. Right where the Black Plastic Starts toward the bottom there is a little Black box. If you look under there you will see there are 2 wires that are connected. You have to take those apart and put one of the kill switch wires in there. The other has to be grounded.