PDA

View Full Version : yup bad weekend

400exrules
03-26-2006, 04:40 PM
My first harescramble was today, its also the first race of the season, and ive been gettin ready, and lookin forward to this thing for weeks, and weeks.....i get all ready, all my gear is good, bike is in good shape, got new tear-offs, im all hydrated, been eatin healthy...im 100%.............they drop the flag for my class, dead engine start, i make it around the first turn and theirs just a huge wall of dust in front of me, and i couldnt see crap, so i slowed down a tad and glanced behind me quickly and as soon as i do, a z400 comes haulin from my left and plows into me. I fall to my right and my right foot catches my rear tire and it just sucks me under my 400. it happened so fast, i can hardly remember it.

it sucked hard, im really pissed right now, cuz ive been waitin for this forever, and i was ready as i'd ever be, and i didnt even get to complete 1 freakin lap, it sucks. but i got checked out by the paramedics that were there, and they wrapped my knee, no broken bones so thats good. Its proven to me how extremely important proper riding gear is, because im almost 100% sure i would have had broken legs without my boots on. but ive got a few scratches and bruises but thats it.....and maybe a slight concussion, cuz i immediatly got a headache as soon as i hit the ground. Luckily the bike is fine, it happened so fast, its almost unreal.
But ive pretty much decided nerf bars are a must, and the next race is in 2 weeks, so im gonna get some, so this crap doesnt happen again. I have IMS kickup pegs and heelguards, so i was thinking about some AC nerfs....what do you guys think about AC's?

2004exrider
03-26-2006, 05:10 PM
AC Propegs are pretty good. Nerfs are deffinitely a must, saved my leg from probably being completely torn off once:o

Jimmy

bansheeguy77
03-26-2006, 05:23 PM
glad to hear you are ok...that is why i always say safety first....make sure you have all the proper riding gear, and nerfs and killswitch on your quad before you go racing...or even riding that stuff could save you.

03-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
AC Propegs are pretty good. Nerfs are deffinitely a must, saved my leg from probably being completely torn off once:o

Jimmy

AC pro pegs almost caused my whole leg to be torn off once..

I hit a jump n the one side completely snapped off n i ran my leg over on the face of the jump then again after i landed.

I think it would be safer to have pegs, nerf bars and heel guards all separate.

400exrules
03-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
AC pro pegs almost caused my whole leg to be torn off once..

I hit a jump n the one side completely snapped off n i ran my leg over on the face of the jump then again after i landed.

I think it would be safer to have pegs, nerf bars and heel guards all separate.

i cant use the pro pegs anyways, because i have IMS pegs/heelguards. so im gonna have to get something that works with those, and all i know of right now is AC, and they seem to be decent nerfs

YFZ450Ridr
03-26-2006, 06:04 PM
my first race was this weekend as well. first of the season and first one ive ever been in. i didnt do to bad on the holeshot out of 40 guys in C class, i was about mid way. about 5 minutes into it when the guys were still a little bunched up, i got barely clipped from behind and hit a tree. i lost all front brake power, bent the bars, got muddy hands/grips and could barely hang on, and my side hurt like a SOB from landing on it. over all i got 29th out 40, and finished 2.5 of 3 laps.

400exrules
03-26-2006, 07:52 PM
yah im orderin nerfs, a chest protector, and hand guards before the next race in 2 weeks. im deffinately not gonna try to get off the line quick like i did today. Its a long race (2hours) so im planning to take it easy off the line, and let everyone else run into each other, then ill speed up alittle in the woods. Idk, i just have a really bad fear of someone comin plowin into me, or me slowin down or turnin and someone just nailin me

Mxjunkie
03-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Nerfs, full riding gear and a killswitch is almost a must.

Glad to hear your ok man! My friend just did his first xc race recently and he wrecked in the 3rd corner pretty hardcore, then finished one lap and on his 2nd lap had some mechanical issues.

With xc since its so long you can get a bad start and just pace your self, I love it vs mx which is so fast paced. It's good that you now what to expect now, you wont be as nervous next time :)

let us know how you do next time man :macho

flauge
03-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Its good that you're ok.. you can always get em next time.,..:cool:

LeGaCyGiAnT124
03-26-2006, 08:57 PM
yea that sucks that it happened to you but just take it easy like you said, i got an ok start and i seen people wrecking left and right of me in my xc race but it was such a long track that i started in like 10th but got 19th

nosliw
03-26-2006, 09:02 PM
all part of the game. experience is experience.