PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield Macoy

The_250x_dude
03-26-2006, 04:40 PM
does anyone know about the riding at hatfield macoy. My friends and i were going to take a weekend and go down there for some riding.:ermm:

Les Davis
03-26-2006, 05:26 PM
I've been there with friends about 5 times and it is an absolute blast. Some of the best trailing riding I've ever done. Make plans to stay for 3-4 days at least. Good places to stay are in Man or Gilbert, WVA. The people are very friendly and you can ride on the streets to access the trail system.

RidinRed420
03-26-2006, 06:27 PM
I've been there it was sweet... go to www.trailsheaven.com it has all the information you need... Theres even a forum, and the people on there are really knowledgeable and helpful... It was a 16 hour drive for us, but it was awesome. Def. be going back....

We stayed in a cabin right on the trail (that was really cool) you actually couldnt even drive the truck to the cabin, just your bike... You have to buy a permit you can get on for 3-7 days its cheap (dont remember how much) the website will tell you... Other than that you dont need anything else to ride (no registration or anything)..

I went in the winter (off season) and we had a great time they said the spring/summer is wayyy better... We seen like 3 people, but they said it gets pretty busy in the summer.

THe trails are all marked with either green blue or black... green =easiest blue=medium black=hardest.... They say the green are "family fun" trails...

waloud
03-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Great place to ride. Go on the weekend and stay in Man or Logan. Make sure to hit the Rockhouse Trailhead(Browning Fork), some good riding there. They also have a place called Rolling Thunder(?) in the area with a track, hill climb and other activities on the weekends. We stayed @ Logan Motel, 304-752-8110, nothing great, but cheap and close to several trailheads.

trailhouseowner
04-08-2006, 07:44 PM
The price of a 2-7 day permit is $37.00. You can buy them at area businesses, online at the Hatfield McCoy Trail (http://www.trailsheaven.com) site, or at some lodging establishments.

There are many types of lodging. You can rent a hotel/motel room, cabins, or even a house. You can find places in the towns or in more rural areas with easy trail access.

You are not allowed to ride in all of the surrounding towns. Gilbert is very ATV and dirt bike friendly. Gilbert is located by the Browning Fork Trail. There are some places to eat, places to gas up, a couple banks and ATM machines, and lodging establishments in the Gilbert area. We have a quaint town that welcomes trail riders. If you are planning a trip, try to plan ahead as much as possible. Reservations are tough to get during certain months and on weekends sometimes.

If I can help you make your plans or assist you with your lodging, just let me know.