PDA

View Full Version : Loudest Exhaust Pipe

CLOWNHERO
03-26-2006, 03:30 PM
WHAT IS THE LOUDEST EXHAUST PIPE THAT I CAN GET FOR MY 2001 400EX ???

theTman
03-26-2006, 03:35 PM
COBRA!

tar
03-26-2006, 03:38 PM
don't get a cobra they look gay

JDiablo
03-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Shutup noob you are the kind of people that bring bad names to our sport because you have to have the loudest pipe.

tar
03-26-2006, 03:39 PM
I forgot what pipe it is but there is one that is like 130db most pipes are around 95-105db so that is really loud

theTman
03-26-2006, 03:41 PM
tc shorty.....

tar
03-26-2006, 04:16 PM
^^thank you for the assistance Tman

Iliketogofast
03-26-2006, 04:47 PM
I believe there is a pipe called the Maxwell House that is way louder even than the TC Shorty. And the best thing about these pipes is that theycome free with every metal container of coffee! All you have to do is modify it for your specific application and your set.

Iliketogofast
03-26-2006, 04:49 PM
To be more serious, I used to think I liked loud exhaust pipes, at least until I turned like 15. Then they start to get on your nerves. If you buy a Cobra or Shorty pipe, you'll start to understand after a while. But the TC Shortys do look sweet...

hondardr4life
03-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Some can get annoying, but I like loud pipes a lot. Kinda pointless for trails, but nice at the track. TC shorty is damn loud, Sparks pipes are very loud also.

Iliketogofast
03-26-2006, 05:32 PM
So, you're saying that loud pipes are pointless on the trail, but not on the track? Let me ask what the loudness factor of your pipe does for your finishing position?

I'm pretty sure they're pointless everywhere. Unless of course your talking about good pipes that are good because they make the bike run the way you want it to, but happen to be fast on the way...

94F450SD
03-26-2006, 05:54 PM
the HMF slip on is pretty damn loud without the quiet core.it does get annoying after a while but oh well thats why i have the quiet core.if i get tired of it i stop and put the core in and go again.but remember "LOUD pipes save lives"

hrc
03-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Just because your pipe is loud does not mean it is going to give power, if you are looking for a loud pipe because you think it is cool that is a dumb reason to get a pipe. Just get a hmf full system is loud but not annoying and it will give you a lot more power then a cobra ever will.

ZeroLogic
03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, why do you want a loud pipe?

400exrider0004
03-26-2006, 06:35 PM
find a pipe that gives good power and not just loud. A pipe can be loud because its giving you power in the top end. But you need to find a pipe that gives you good power output.

EXevan91
03-26-2006, 06:41 PM
if u want to be a jerk to your neibghuers:devil: and want a pwer gain just run the header :ermm: :cuss:

400eXr1d3rZ
03-26-2006, 06:47 PM
n-motion, TC shorty, sparks

Fenix169motox
03-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
I believe there is a pipe called the Maxwell House that is way louder even than the TC Shorty. And the best thing about these pipes is that theycome free with every metal container of coffee! All you have to do is modify it for your specific application and your set.
haha i got a pic of something like that, i found it on here so im not taking the credit....
but for serious, I have a TC pipe, and i liked it at first cuz its loud, now its just annoyingly loud.. but i have it cuz i got sooooo much torque from it, and thats all i need for what i ride
anyways. heres the pic

440_Turtle
03-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by CLOWNHERO

LOUD doesnt mean its fast

03-26-2006, 08:45 PM
why do people put dual exhaust on trucks,y do people have straight pipes? Load pipes are cool! :chinese:

im going to buy a cobra just because its loud! idk why i like loud stuff, but..i do

my lawnmower.. no muffler
my weed eater... no muffler
my blower.. well mt dad wouldnt let me :(
my edger... RIP :(
my 250x... no spark arestors
my trx 500 no spark arestor

nick 450
03-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Duncan fatboy 4 pretty loud n nice power

03-27-2006, 07:37 AM
tc is the loudest performance pipe.
cobra may be louder not for sure but it is not to good on power.

IF YOU WANT TO BE LOUDER THAN ANY PIPE MADE THEN CLICK THE LINK

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/22/threadid/485989.cfm

03-27-2006, 07:43 AM
usualy the louder the higher flowing pipe.
the quieter the less flowing pipe you got.

also alot of times a quieter pipe will make better bottom end power than a louder one.

and alot of times a loud pipe will make better top end and less bottom along with reving out faster.

also aftermarket pipes coars have tuns of holes in them. the holes are their so the sound can travle through and hit the packing. now if those holes werent their then their would be nothing to quiet it down sinse the sound then cant hit the packing.
so if you want a after market pipe louder than replace the coar with a solid holow pipe.
also if you mod a muffler to a shorty it gets alot louder too.

BlasterEaten250
03-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by quad #7
tc is the loudest performance pipe.
cobra may be louder not for sure but it is not to good on power.

IF YOU WANT TO BE LOUDER THAN ANY PIPE MADE THEN CLICK THE LINK

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/22/threadid/485989.cfm dont listen to that guy on that forum. (blue450yo)

for the first question. why in the world would you want a loud pipe? all it does is hurt your ears, hurt you neighbors ears, and give our sport a bad reputation. I hate when people go wide open down the street with their dg's and cobras and all that junk. And that is coming from an atv'er. Just think what other people are thinking when the are watching tv, and some guy just goes down the street 5 thousand times with practically no muffler. Just my 2 cents:ermm:

03-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
dont listen to that guy on that forum. (blue450yo)

for the first question. why in the world would you want a loud pipe? all it does is hurt your ears, hurt you neighbors ears, and give our sport a bad reputation. I hate when people go wide open down the street with their dg's and cobras and all that junk. And that is coming from an atv'er. Just think what other people are thinking when the are watching tv, and some guy just goes down the street 5 thousand times with practically no muffler. Just my 2 cents:ermm:

loud pipes make you get noticed. like on a track. if every one had a pipe that was 96dbs out on a track and only one of the racers had a pipe that was 110dbs then all the people would here it and look at you.

but yeah i my friends 400ex had a fmf no packing and would be going down the road at like 2am and waking me up. specialy when like in the day if my window is open and im trying to watch tv i cant here the tv no more till the quad is gone.
but i have a loud quad too. cops were just at my house last sunday and their was many other times that happed b4 to.

Doak450r
03-27-2006, 09:33 AM
your cool^^^

ZeroLogic
03-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by quad #7
loud pipes make you get noticed. like on a track. if every one had a pipe that was 96dbs out on a track and only one of the racers had a pipe that was 110dbs then all the people would here it and look at you.

but yeah i my friends 400ex had a fmf no packing and would be going down the road at like 2am and waking me up. specialy when like in the day if my window is open and im trying to watch tv i cant here the tv no more till the quad is gone.
but i have a loud quad too. cops were just at my house last sunday and their was many other times that happed b4 to.

Do the atv riders that HAVE RESPECT for other people and drop dead. I can't stand you.

pastfast125
03-27-2006, 02:51 PM
well, maybe he wants a loud exhaust for the same reason I do, and I have one, at NJORVP, EVERYBODY there just about has a real loud pipe, so if your racing in a pack of like 8 guys, with my stock exhaust I couldn't hear my RPMs and tell when to shift, so I would always get my ***** handed to me, but Now I have a loud exhaust and I can tell where my RPMs are, and I can keep up with everybody, but I'm also not an A hole. I don't go tearing down the street when everybody is home or sleeping. The only time I take my quad out is when I'm loading it in a truck to go riding, or if I take a quick spin around the block, which I usually do on the weekdays in the afternoon when most people are at work.

Honda TRX250ex
03-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by JDiablo
Shutup noob you are the kind of people that bring bad names to our sport because you have to have the loudest pipe. :o

fwm416ex
03-27-2006, 05:40 PM
LOUD pipes are killing are sport
STOP IT !!!!

pastfast125
03-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Don't listen to them, if you want a loud pipe then go for it, just please use some common sense. Don't go riding at places that are near residential areas or where the noise oculd bother people. Theres nothing wrong with you having a loud pipe if you are riding at a quad park or area where it isn't going to bother anybody.

Iliketogofast
03-27-2006, 07:36 PM
I think I'm gonna go cut my silencer in half! Loud pipes are all the rage now guys. Everybody should do the same. Let's all be jackasses and go to a park with a cobra only to not be let in for not passing the sound test!

You're a bunch of idiots! There are regs EVERYWHERE for sound! Nobody wants to listen to a 110db pipe. They even have regs at some tracks. RACE TRACKS!

All aftermarket pipes are loud, wtf do you want the loudest you can get for anyways?

rooster300ex
03-27-2006, 07:48 PM
My pipe gives me a rush when i'm giving it hell. All motorsport vehicles are loud. they are suppose to be. they are high performance machines.

6858-400ex
03-27-2006, 07:56 PM
do u think the golfers get pissed when i ride by haulin *** with my hmf exhaust:D

BlasterEaten250
03-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by 6858-400ex
do u think the golfers get pissed when i ride by haulin *** with my hmf exhaust:D Yes. and that is not a good thing I hope everyone knows.

ill_lil_romey
03-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by pastfast125
well, maybe he wants a loud exhaust for the same reason I do, and I have one, at NJORVP, EVERYBODY there just about has a real loud pipe, so if your racing in a pack of like 8 guys, with my stock exhaust I couldn't hear my RPMs and tell when to shift, so I would always get my ***** handed to me, but Now I have a loud exhaust and I can tell where my RPMs are, and I can keep up with everybody, but I'm also not an A hole. I don't go tearing down the street when everybody is home or sleeping. The only time I take my quad out is when I'm loading it in a truck to go riding, or if I take a quick spin around the block, which I usually do on the weekdays in the afternoon when most people are at work.

You should learn to shift by vibrations

03-28-2006, 05:48 AM
has anybody noticed that the clown who started this topic has not returned...i think he was on fishing expedition

03-28-2006, 06:49 AM
Well looks like the people that like loud pipes dont like quiet pipes and the people that like quiet pipes dont like loud pipes.

And when i had a stock muffler on i always hit rev limiter be for i shifted too because i could not tell what rpm i was at.

And the main way we give the sport a bad name is mostly the people with loud pipes that go trail riding. i go trail riding like mabey 3 times in a year and wair i go their is no houses for miles.

The area i live in right now almost every one has quads. only a couple old people have stock quads. every one else has loud pipes on their 450's.
also alot of people wair i live have very loud trucks and mud trucks. And at least 3 times a day some one is out on the road smoking their tires. theirs even a 3 mile long black mark :eek2:

its just ONE family that has a problum with it all and is constintly calling the cops on me and my neighbors for stupid things so i my self are not realy giving the sport a bad man. The people even call the cops if they see you speeding on the road:rolleyes:

94F450SD
03-28-2006, 07:03 AM
both of my trucks are loud,my pickup has no muffler at all,my tow truck might as well not have a muffler,my car has headers,2 1/2" pipes with flowmasters and my quad is loud.

03-28-2006, 07:05 AM
my pocket bike has no muffler. only has no muffler because it broke off when i was hitting jumps with it. (broke at weld).
now i run no muffler. i gained power too because now it smokes the same pocket bike in road drags. it also pulls better in the grass.

Mike_Rides_Red
03-28-2006, 10:07 AM

First, louder exhaust doesn't necessarily mean more power. With "the loudest exhaust pipe" there is very little backpressure. This hurts your low-mid hp power and your torque curve. This takes away your usable power. An fmf q is about 94 dbs and puts out probably 1 less horsepower at the top end than louder pipes which is barely noticable. Look at crotch rocket street bikes. The fast ones have over 150 hp. Are they loud?, no. High hp can be made without loud exhaust. Most of the hype of loud pipes is that you think your going faster because of all the damn noise.

Second. why the hell would you want a pipe that is over 100 Db's. Tracks are starting to outlaw pipes over 100 dbs. That is ear-ringingly loud. All that does is hurt the sport. Tree huggers are closing more and more riding areas because many off roaders are being irresponsible. The guys with the loud pipes are probably the same geniuses who do donuts in meadows which really screw stuff up for the sport. If you think loud pipes are cool now, rethink that when your favorite riding areas are being closed down by ecofreaks.

03-28-2006, 10:25 AM
if you have a high horse power motor than no back pressure would be better than having it.

but on lower powered quads back pressure helps the porformance. and also having no back pressure adds top end power.

CLOWNHERO
03-28-2006, 08:06 PM
IDK I LIKE LOUD PIPES SO UHMM WITCH ONE IS TH EONE THAT WAS AROUND 130 DCB I MIGHT BE GETTING THAT ONE !!

CLOWNHERO
03-28-2006, 08:06 PM
IDK I LIKE LOUD PIPES SO UHMM WITCH ONE IS TH EONE THAT WAS AROUND 130 DCB I MIGHT BE GETTING THAT ONE !!

CLOWNHERO
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
OK YA SPEEDY IM HERE I JUST HAVENT BEEN HOME L8TLY BUT THNX 2 EVERYONE THAT REPLIED AND UHHMM YA ON THE FIRST PAGE SOMEONE SAID THERES A PIP THAT WAS 130 DCB I WANT SOMETHING LOUD BECAUSE I LOVE LOUD PIPES I HATE QUIET PIPES BUT IDK THATS JUST ME I THINK A CURTIS SPARKS MIGHT BE GO0D !!

below100hz
03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
i have a full exhaust, white brothers r4 with no spark arrestor and its the loudest and nicest ive ever heard....taking the airbox lid or the whole airbox off also adds some extra noise

CLOWNHERO
03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
YA I HAVE THE WHITE BROTHERS E-SERIES BUT IT SUX AND ITS NOT THAT LOUD

400exrider707
03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by below100hz
i have a white brothers r4 with no spark arrestor and its the loudest and nicest ive ever heard

I honestly can say the R4 is one of the worst exhausts I've ever heard on any quad PERIOD! WAY too loud and obnoxious, and it doesn't even sound good. JMO.:o

444ex racer
03-28-2006, 09:20 PM
big gun evo x

CLOWNHERO
03-28-2006, 09:22 PM
IS THE EVO X REALLY LOUD??

BlasterEaten250
03-28-2006, 09:41 PM
IS THE EVO X REALLY LOUD?? WHY DO YOU WANT A LOUD EXHAUST??? DO YOU THINK YOU SOUND COOL?

CLOWNHERO
03-28-2006, 09:44 PM
YA I LIKE LOUD PIPES THEY SOUND CO0L AND ALOT OF THE PEOPLE I RIDE WITH HAVE SPARKS AND HMF PIPES AND ITS A LIL BIT HARD TO HEAR MY OWN BIKE !!

fandl450r
03-28-2006, 09:59 PM
YA I LIKE LOUD PIPES THEY SOUND CO0L AND ALOT OF THE PEOPLE I RIDE WITH HAVE SPARKS AND HMF PIPES AND ITS A LIL BIT HARD TO HEAR MY OWN BIKE !!

Then listen closer. Loud exhaust pipes do nothing more than help the idiots who own them give ATV riders a bad name. :rolleyes: Some people will never learn louder does not equal faster.

03-28-2006, 10:54 PM
well if he likes load exhaust so be it

i like flat chested girls! everyone is different!!!

fandl450r
03-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by 89honda 250x
well if he likes load exhaust so be it

i like flat chested girls! everyone is different!!!

Thats great and all, but tell somebody who cares. :huh

Honda TRX250ex
03-29-2006, 06:09 AM
People like you are the reason why quads get a bad rap. What the hell do you need a loud pipe for? Do you race? You are gonna piss off your neighbors and other people.
You do not need a loud pipe for riding around trail and other places its not neccasry. There isn't much of a power gain threw loud pipes anyway. So unless you race you don't need a loud pipe.:rolleyes:

BTW your caps are on...

03-29-2006, 06:39 AM
YA I HAVE THE WHITE BROTHERS E-SERIES BUT IT SUX AND ITS NOT THAT LOUD

o yeah man you think a white bros e-series i quiet. take all the disks and spark arestor out. cut 5 inches off the pipe so its a shorty. then replace the coar with a solid holow steal pipe. then you can run no packing.

by doing that your quad will rev faster and you will gain power. and best of all for noise by doing what i said their is nothing to quiet the pipe down. i ran like that and it was cool sounding.

BlasterEaten250
03-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
People like you are the reason why quads get a bad rap. What the hell do you need a loud pipe for? Do you race? You are gonna piss off your neighbors and other people.
You do not need a loud pipe for riding around trail and other places its not neccasry. There isn't much of a power gain threw loud pipes anyway. So unless you race you don't need a loud pipe.:rolleyes:

BTW your caps are on... says a person with an open megamax:rolleyes:

BTW happy birthday:cool:

Honda TRX250ex
03-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
says a person with an open megamax:rolleyes:

BTW happy birthday:cool:
I made a custom end cap for mine so its not that loud.

and thanks!loll

CLOWNHERO
03-29-2006, 12:32 PM
FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO SAID ALL IM GONNA DO IS PISS OFF MY NAIGHBORS...THATS NOT TRUE CUZ THE ONLY TIME MY QUADS ARE ON AT MY HOUSE IT WHEN IM UNLOADING THEM 4RM MY TRAILER AND THATS ONLY FOR LIKE 2 MIN AND IM DONE I DONT RIDE AROUND MY NAIGHBOR HO0D SO THNX AND I KNOW I DONT NEED A LOUD PIPE I WANT ONE THO I DONT DO MUCH TRAIL RIDING AND DONT GO TO PARKS ALOT I GO TO GLAMIS ALOT THO AND EVERYONE HAS A LOUD AS HELL PIPE OUT THERE SO IM NOT GONNA GIVE MY SPORT A BAD REP SO 4 THOS OF YOU WHO SAID IM GIVING IT A BAD NAME I DONT SEE HOW THAT IS CUZ I NEVER RIDE AROUND THE STREETS SO THAT PEOPLE CANT HEAR THEIRE T.V. OR RADIO OR WUT EVER

fandl450r
03-29-2006, 12:45 PM
FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO SAID ALL IM GONNA DO IS PISS OFF MY NAIGHBORS...THATS NOT TRUE CUZ THE ONLY TIME MY QUADS ARE ON AT MY HOUSE IT WHEN IM UNLOADING THEM 4RM MY TRAILER AND THATS ONLY FOR LIKE 2 MIN AND IM DONE I DONT RIDE AROUND MY NAIGHBOR HO0D SO THNX AND I KNOW I DONT NEED A LOUD PIPE I WANT ONE THO I DONT DO MUCH TRAIL RIDING AND DONT GO TO PARKS ALOT I GO TO GLAMIS ALOT THO AND EVERYONE HAS A LOUD AS HELL PIPE OUT THERE SO IM NOT GONNA GIVE MY SPORT A BAD REP SO 4 THOS OF YOU WHO SAID IM GIVING IT A BAD NAME I DONT SEE HOW THAT IS CUZ I NEVER RIDE AROUND THE STREETS SO THAT PEOPLE CANT HEAR THEIRE T.V. OR RADIO OR WUT EVER

Word from the wise, take your caps lock off.

EXevan91
03-29-2006, 04:08 PM
i have an r4 and iam willing to sell its a loud pipe...(thats why iam getting rid of it). i think its a good sound the one u heard must have been cut apart

bman863
03-29-2006, 06:43 PM
i have a white bros r4 exhaust and it's loud as hell. they make the mx4 which is the new and improved model.

400exstud
03-29-2006, 07:47 PM
I have a good question.

A while back I took the quiet core out of my HMF and pulled up next to my dad's harley davidson heritage soft-tail classic with stock pipes and no baffels. We both cracked it wide open and I couldn't even hear the HMF.

Now why can he ride down the middle of main street but I can't ride in the middle of the woods?:confused:

Mike_Rides_Red
03-29-2006, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by fandl450r
Word from the wise, take your caps lock off.

A period here and there wouldn't hurt either.

Iliketogofast
03-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Mike_Rides_Red
A period here and there wouldn't hurt either.

Any kind of grammar and/or sentence structure would be nice too. Just goes to show you the fine, educated people who can't get enough of those loud pipes.

Iliketogofast
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Lol when there's a word with two "o"'s, he puts the first as an actual "O" and the second as a zero. Retard

Yee-Haw_400EX
03-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by EXevan91
if u want to be a jerk to your neibghuers:devil: and want a pwer gain just run the header :ermm: :cuss:

SPELLCHECK!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Honda TRX250ex
03-30-2006, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Any kind of grammar and/or sentence structure would be nice too. Just goes to show you the fine, educated people who can't get enough of those loud pipes.
Or even if he spelt words right or even used real words...

ZeroLogic
03-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Stop flaming him, he answered your guys question. Now just answer his.

olimj
03-30-2006, 04:51 PM
On a related note:
New CA Noise Restrictions (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/03/29/news/californian/riverside/18_18_163_28_06.txt)

For those of you in Riverside County with your loud pipes, I hope it was worth it to sound "cool". Believe me, nobody thinks your loud pipe is cool (more like, "What an obnoxious POS!").

So keep it up loud pipers, and you too can have an entire county get so PO'd as to demand similar noise restrictions.

polaris1
03-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Im not sure if its the loudest pipe out there but i have no doubts about it being the best. Im talking about the dmc alien. check it out. its listed at 101 decibel. you can install a quiet core and get it down to around 97. I have an alien and i cannot beleive how much torque it has given my ex. Im shocked that no one here recommends it. Go check out the dmc website and you too will be a fan.

03-31-2006, 01:02 AM
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/179/dscf00075cl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ALLUWANT
03-31-2006, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex

BTW your caps are on...

i dont know what you are talking about an exhaust on a bike is the the biggest power gain you will ever feel out of any parts besides like a nitrous kit or something. you must have never done any real trail riding to say you dont need it. or you have never climbed any hills worth talking about. cause you can never have enough power.

fandl450r
03-31-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by ALLUWANT
i dont know what you are talking about an exhaust on a bike is the the biggest power gain you will ever feel out of any parts besides like a nitrous kit or something. you must have never done any real trail riding to say you dont need it. or you have never climbed any hills worth talking about. cause you can never have enough power.

Doubtful, its a noticeable gain, but I can think of QUITE a number of other things that can be done to the motor if you're looking for power. It's true some people can't get enough power, but why do you need a extremely loud pipe to prove your point?

wilkin250r
03-31-2006, 10:33 AM

:huh :huh :huh

Your pipe will give you 2hp if you're lucky on a 400EX. A 450R might see 5hp.

A cam/piston/porting/rev limit combo can give you upwards of 15hp or more.

If you want to talk just a single component, a big-bore piston can give you upwards of 10hp.

A pipe is the biggest power gain. Give me a break.

ALLUWANT
03-31-2006, 10:42 AM
dont talk unless u know what u are talking about. my inmotion exhaust was dyno proven to give the 450r 9-11 horse power. show me a piston and cam that will give u that horsepower with stock exhaust or even with after market

fandl450r
03-31-2006, 11:39 AM
dont talk unless u know what u are talking about. my inmotion exhaust was dyno proven to give the 450r 9-11 horse power. show me a piston and cam that will give u that horsepower with stock exhaust or even with after market

Wrong move. I can't wait to see Wilkin's reply. :devil: Do you mean your "inmotion" or NMOTION? Learn to type, punctuate and use proper grammar before making another post. Dyno proven by who? Did you take your bike before and after and have it dynoed? Don't be so gullable to the hype.

ALLUWANT
03-31-2006, 11:56 AM
yea its nmotion. i didnt know you was an english teacher. shouldnt you be in class? i put that exhaust on my bike. then i put an 11.5 to 1 comp. piston , hot cam stage 2 and ported and polished head. im not sayin it didnt help the bike but there was a bigger diff with the exhaust than the other parts.

ALLUWANT
03-31-2006, 11:58 AM
put the piston, cam, and whatever and run it through the stock exhaust and ill take my buddies 450 with just exhaust and ill beat you in a drag race 9 out of 10 times. the the one ill lose is if i mess up.

fandl450r
03-31-2006, 12:03 PM
put the piston, cam, and whatever and run it through the stock exhaust and ill take my buddies 450 with just exhaust and ill beat you in a drag race 9 out of 10 times. the the one ill lose is if i mess up.

I'd be happy to drag race you any day of the week. Considering I have more money invested in my head alone than you have into your whole bike, and we aren't talking about your buddy's 450, if your 450 is so fast with 11.5 compression and all, then use it. :o

yea its nmotion. i didnt know you was an english teacher. shouldnt you be in class? i put that exhaust on my bike. then i put an 11.5 to 1 comp. piston , hot cam stage 2 and ported and polished head. im not sayin it didnt help the bike but there was a bigger diff with the exhaust than the other parts.

No I'm not an english teacher, and nope no classes today. Bad grammar just makes you look like a retard. Well then something must not be right, or maybe it's all in your head. A piston/cam/port work if done at the same time should be a EXTREMELY noticeable difference.

Rico
03-31-2006, 12:10 PM
i dont know what you are talking about an exhaust on a bike is the the biggest power gain you will ever feel out of any parts besides like a nitrous kit or something.

fandl450r
03-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Rico

LMAO!

ALLUWANT
03-31-2006, 12:24 PM
im glad that you have nothing else the invest your money in than your bike. and what makes it even better is when my bike still beats your million dollar bike thats just pathetic. that would be enough to make me want to sell mine. mine stock besides stock bore piston, cam and exhaust. i will line up against you in 300 ft. any day of the week. racing is racing. just dont be mad when you get beat and dont be asking what secrets i have. and is there anything else you want to race while were on the subject.

fandl450r
03-31-2006, 12:27 PM
im glad that you have nothing else the invest your money in than your bike. and what makes it even better is when my bike still beats your million dollar bike thats just pathetic. that would be enough to make me want to sell mine. mine stock besides stock bore piston, cam and exhaust. i will line up against you in 300 ft. any day of the week. racing is racing. just dont be mad when you get beat and dont be asking what secrets i have. and is there anything else you want to race while were on the subject.

It's not a million dollar bike by any means. I can assure you that your "stock bore, piston cam exhaust" 450, will not even touch this motor, and that's a fact. But I'm done dealing with you sir. ;)

ALLUWANT
03-31-2006, 12:32 PM
well im a street racer and there is only one way to prove to me that your faster and that is to beat me and i will gladly say your bike is faster. but till then sorry cant do it. ive raced alot of bikes with alot more parts than mine and and all i can say is my set up must be working. i cant say im undefeated cause theres alot of people out there with deeper pockets than i have but i havent beat to many times

ALLUWANT
03-31-2006, 12:33 PM
oh yea and i forgot. dont mind the little red button on my handle bars if we ever do hook up.

fandl450r
03-31-2006, 12:34 PM
well im a street racer and there is only one way to prove to me that your faster and that is to beat me and i will gladly say your bike is faster. but till then sorry cant do it. ive raced alot of bikes with alot more parts than mine and and all i can say is my set up must be working. i cant say im undefeated cause theres alot of people out there with deeper pockets than i have but i havent beat to many times

Well I guess when you learn that quads are meant for dirt and beat someone down a ~750 ft holeshot then you will have bragging rights.

ALLUWANT
03-31-2006, 12:38 PM
well i dont know where you are from but i drag race in many events up here in the dirt and ive never seen a drag race over 330 ft. but that might be how they do when someone with your money comes to race

wilkin250r
03-31-2006, 12:56 PM

Is this a joke?

Yeah, I know that everybody's exhaust gives huge horsepower gains. Just look at their marketing catalogs, they'll tell you.

I have yet to see ANY pipe ANYWHERE that will give 11hp gains all by itself. That kind of gain is huge, and if it was repeatable, you would hear about it everywhere.

Sadly, I can't even find a decent, independent 450r pipe shootout to throw in your face. But maybe that's proof enough in itself. If the Nmotion pipe did indeed give such huge performance gains, and anybody with a dyno could verify it, then I'd certain be able to find the information. Especially since everybody else has only 5hp, if a pipe came along that did indeed give an 11HP gain, it would be the biggest news since the release of the YFZ450.

However, it's been known to happen (very rarely) that I've been wrong. Please, for the love of all that is holy, find at least two independent (not Nmotion) dyno shootouts that prove what you are saying. If it is indeed true, then everybody would be talking about it and the information would be easy to find.

ALLUWANT
03-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
:huh :huh :huh

Your pipe will give you 2hp if you're lucky on a 400EX. A 450R might see 5hp.

A cam/piston/porting/rev limit combo can give you upwards of 15hp or more.

If you want to talk just a single component, a big-bore piston can give you upwards of 10hp.

A pipe is the biggest power gain. Give me a break.

i would love to see a dyno sheet using stock cam and stock exhaust with a 440 big bore piston that would give a 10 horse power gain. come on get real. the whole thing was about the 1 single thing that gave the biggest bang for the buck. but i will buy a skid of those 10 horse power gain pistons.

Toadz400
03-31-2006, 05:17 PM
i would love to see a dyno sheet using stock cam and stock exhaust with a 440 big bore piston that would give a 10 horse power gain. come on get real. the whole thing was about the 1 single thing that gave the biggest bang for the buck. but i will buy a skid of those 10 horse power gain pistons.

You are stupid. Along with the other retard who keeps posting about how great loud pipes are and who's also been banned 3 or 4 times now from this site.

Iliketogofast
04-01-2006, 05:23 AM
Retards....

ZeroLogic
04-01-2006, 08:34 AM
This thread needs to be closed.:ermm:

His question was answered already.