PDA

View Full Version : drag results for this sunday

450rJam
03-26-2006, 03:04 PM
pretty dusty and real ruff about 1/2 way down.
06 yfz hmf,k&n
-VS-
05 450r w/hc2,full rossier,k&n,
-VS-
700Vforce (not sure of year or mods)
-VS-
06 450R w/hrc,k&n(mine)
I got the hole shot every single time and held it to 1/2 strip then the damn 05 450r would walk around me really slow but he did come on by and end about 1 bike length in front of me,the yfz was about 2-3 bikes behind (not sure if he held after the hole shot or if I pulled on him, the vforce sounded like it had a turbo or something it was whinnning soooo much. we raced about 12-15 times each time same result exactly, I kept thinking I could hold that 05 off but he had just a little on me. (also im about 210lbs and he had to be at most 160-170) I was trying to see what all he had done but he didnt say too much, the exhaust was clear and he had hot cam and k-n stickers he fed me a line about drilling his stock jet out with a orfic bit (not too sure about that)
I think that I need a full exhaust system and that rossier he had sounded sooooooooooooo sweet. I'll have to try and talk the wife out of some of our tax return but it wont be easy she is under the impression that its her turn to buy something after I got the 06 in early feb. oh it seemed everyone knew how to ride well, I did have to let off a little in 3rd because I keep sliding back too soon trying to hook up better but keep front down

03-26-2006, 05:04 PM
That 05 passed u up cuz of the hot cam 2. It gives top end

4ABURN
03-26-2006, 05:30 PM
If it was a long race the 05 has 14 tooth and the 06 has a 13, so eventually he should catch you. The differance between 210 and 170 is alot on a quad. So don't feel bad you did a great job to beat those quads. :D :D

400exrider0004
03-26-2006, 06:00 PM
thats y i love the 06:devil:

450rJam
03-26-2006, 06:04 PM
If I get the full exhaust system I have heard its about as big a jump as the hrc kit. that would prob. do it, I really dig the rossier and the black can will look bad *!%*(#. on the black R. I ride woods with my kids so I really dont want to make it all top end even though I go to waynoka 2-3 times a year, the way it is now I cant really open it up much in the trails or I end up on both breaks dodging trees. (im sure its quite amusing to those behind me)

400exrider0004
03-26-2006, 06:15 PM
thats that what I am wondering. my dad isnt really digging the HRC kit idea because he believes that if you mess with the engine it will mess you up in the long run. He believes that even though the HRC kit does come from factory that when installing the kit, the factory specs are messed with. So what hes getting at is he doesnt trust the people we would have the kit put in by. But i keep telling him is that its from HONDA and you still get the warranty.....well see how it goes. I think i can persuade him to do it.

I do think in a way that having a full system, air filter, and removed air box lid is like the power increase from the HRC kit. But you still dont have the HRC cam. So what i think im gonna do is get a Sparks BC full exhaust system, K&N air filter, and outerwears air box cover thing so i can have no airbox lid and of course jet it. If im still getting beat by people with HRC 06 450rs, then ill get a HC Stg 2 cam.

Sorry about all the talking, just letting my ideas go. :D

Jonas
03-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
pretty dusty and real ruff about 1/2 way down.
06 yfz hmf,k&n
-VS-
05 450r w/hc2,full rossier,k&n,
-VS-
700Vforce (not sure of year or mods)
-VS-
06 450R w/hrc,k&n(mine)
I got the hole shot every single time and held it to 1/2 strip then the damn 05 450r would walk around me really slow but he did come on by and end about 1 bike length in front of me,the yfz was about 2-3 bikes behind (not sure if he held after the hole shot or if I pulled on him, the vforce sounded like it had a turbo or something it was whinnning soooo much. we raced about 12-15 times each time same result exactly, I kept thinking I could hold that 05 off but he had just a little on me. (also im about 210lbs and he had to be at most 160-170) I was trying to see what all he had done but he didnt say too much, the exhaust was clear and he had hot cam and k-n stickers he fed me a line about drilling his stock jet out with a orfic bit (not too sure about that)
I think that I need a full exhaust system and that rossier he had sounded sooooooooooooo sweet. I'll have to try and talk the wife out of some of our tax return but it wont be easy she is under the impression that its her turn to buy something after I got the 06 in early feb. oh it seemed everyone knew how to ride well, I did have to let off a little in 3rd because I keep sliding back too soon trying to hook up better but keep front down

Do you or who ever installed the kit for you put in the AMA 96 db plug in when they/you installed the HRC kit. Some people don't realize this, but they give you an AMA plug with the HRC kit and if you don't use it you will gain more power. Just checking to make sure.

450rJam
03-26-2006, 07:35 PM
ok you really got my curriosity up what is this plug ? and I understand what 400exrider is talking about after I got the hrc kit installed at dealer by dealer before I took it home. and I asked for the stock take off parts. after reading the hrc kit install instructions I seen where it tells you to clean the air filter more often and to take off the clips that hold the lid on. on 04/05 the lid had a large hole cut into it-06 they remove the lid. well my trained techs left the lid on and even carved in the top "HRC KIT INSTALLED". well I removed the lid and put a k&n with outerwears, I didnt rejet because it was jetted with the 162 designed for the hrc. the k&n may require a slight jet adjust but im holding off till I hopfully get exhaust. wow this is getting long.--------ok ok you said db plug im going to assume its in the exhaust, they put on a hrc end cap on the can. how can I tell if it has the plug or ..............If it came with the kit its in there because its not left in the hrc box. here are my fav. toys (I just got the camera pic post thing going)

Jonas
03-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Pull out your HRC manual and read it closely. Compare what you have in the box with what is in the pictures. If you read the manual it said something like AMA spark arrester or AMA insert in bold on the top of the page. Don't use the AMA insert unless you are entering a event that requires it. Take a picture of your exhaust if you need to confirm. If you read the manual it should be more clear now. If you have the AMA insert in there you will get a few more ponies without it. Yet me know if you have any more Q's.

Jonas
03-26-2006, 07:56 PM
The way they say it in the manual is a little unclear if I remember right. I believe they don't actually tell you to use this insert in the manual but provide it as a option. It's easy for a mechanic to make this mistake by the way they write it out in the manual. All I know is my buddy's 06 without this insert is quite a bit faster than another buddy's with it. By the way, you probably won't have to rejet with a K&N because the stock filter flows great.

450rJam
03-26-2006, 07:57 PM
cool .......Im on the way to the garage now, more power for free !! that is my favorite kind.

450rJam
03-26-2006, 08:13 PM
they call it a "tail diffuser" and it goes into the spark arrester I can see where that will choke the flow down a little. ok its on its way to the box of stock stuff. now that thats out and I put the k&n I will prob. need to jet again. Im going to dunes next weekend and I hear they have a trailer dyno. I guess ill take the guess work out of it. Im currious what its got anyway. but even if it says 25 hp I still "self high-5" before it comes off the trailer
here is a pic of our wooded trails

400exrider0004
03-26-2006, 08:19 PM
tell us how the dyno goes and give us numbers. Also 450rJam how do you like your HRC kit. Have you had any reliability issues???

You have a awesome bike!

Jonas
03-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Ah, it was in there! It will sound totally different now. You will probably be a quad ahead of the 05 450 now I would guess. It should be jetted fine with the HRC jetting. That is how it is meant to be set up. The tail diffuser just gives you a quieter option if you race with noise restrictions or ride in a area that requires you to be quieter.

450rJam
03-26-2006, 08:27 PM
thankx. I love the whole quad. its a little more top heavy than the 250r but power is great, I never rode it with out the hrc kit so I cant compair to stock but this thing pulls so smooth and its a wheelie monster. 1st and 2nd are almost too jerky for smooth wheelies but 3rd and 4th I dont even pull up, just sit in the middle of seat and give the gas and she powers up under total control. as far as reliability the starting is the only issue I have had with it. sometimes from idle if I hit it she dies and dont want to start. happened 3rd time and I had to roll start it. it acts like its not getting any spark but fired up great after I got it to start first time.........(Im leaving idle a little high forever now) not high enough to anoy I just bumped it like 200rpm.

450rJam
03-26-2006, 08:34 PM
thank you jonas and I mean it. the 05 is there every weekend and I havnt seen him lose yet. there are alot of close ones but he pulls it out every stinking time. man oh man Im excited, my buddy has a banshee with port pipe filter and boost that just bearly gets me and the 05 just ahead of him. if this is just enough to get it done I may hold off on exhaust and just go with the stock look and tease them all with "I dont know I just got one that runs well" Im 38 years old and cant stop smiling

blake_mx_racer
03-26-2006, 08:41 PM
there is a place i use to ride at here in kentucky taht looks just like that pic you posted of your trails. weird lol

450rJam
03-26-2006, 08:47 PM
this one is in kansas about 45 min from kansas city. free to ride, drag strip (run about 5 wide safe but seen 10-12 go) no noise restrictions, the pic was taken right after my daughter missed the top by 3 feet. my son is the one holding the front tire. its his dirtbike and I do believe he would have dove on it to keep it from getting hurt lol. here is another pic of my other kids (4 little ones in all)

450rJam
03-26-2006, 08:49 PM
two youngest

Jonas
03-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
thank you jonas and I mean it. the 05 is there every weekend and I havnt seen him lose yet. there are alot of close ones but he pulls it out every stinking time. man oh man Im excited, my buddy has a banshee with port pipe filter and boost that just bearly gets me and the 05 just ahead of him. if this is just enough to get it done I may hold off on exhaust and just go with the stock look and tease them all with "I dont know I just got one that runs well" Im 38 years old and cant stop smiling

An aftermaket exhaust will help also. Not as much as the HRC kit alone but will give you probably 2 to 4 more with the right exhaust. The 06 HRC cam is more of a low to mid cam compared to some others. May be better for the trail riding you do but not quite as good for dragging.

450rJam
03-26-2006, 09:05 PM
my oldest daughter

450rJam
03-26-2006, 09:11 PM
yes thats what is so great about this quad, it is up front on about every level. I can play with the kids,drag race with my buddys, and rip up the dunes, jonas I thank you again if you ever get around kansas city maybe we go ride. if any of you guys get around here Ill show ya some pretty good places to ride all with in about 1 hour from kansas city.