PDA

View Full Version : electrical troubles on my banshee

tron_banshee
03-26-2006, 01:58 PM
i have a 2000 banshee and i was out on the weekend and the bike worked terrible at low rpm as if it was flooding out the engine,,once you opened the throttle on a stright stretch away it went and work good until the throttle was let off and in deceleration would backfire consistanly out of each scilencer,,when i went home thinking it was a clogged pilot jet i took off the carburator and cleaned the carbs,,everything seemedok,,when i put the carbs back on the bike would not fire up,,i checked the spark plugs and had no spark,,,after some fooling around with it i could get spark but the bike still would not fire up??? any ideas what might be goin on would be greatly aprreciated my e mail is moto_joe69@hotmail.com,,thanks

FarminLT250R
03-29-2006, 05:31 PM
My friend had a similar problem with his banshee, it kept flooding out and wasnt getting enough spark. Turns out his safety fuses that come on the quad from the factory were still connected and they were bad, so they were drawing the whole electrical system down. Check on those, I dont know the exact location, maybe someone else would care to share where they are?