PDA

View Full Version : Bogging!

TheBlasterMan
03-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I have a 450r with 10 hours on it (approx) I completly swamped it and i had to get a new air filter, replaced it with an uni, and i drained the oild and replaced it 7 times, just to make sure the water was out. Now whenever randomly my quad bogs down until i let off the gass and then give it gas again. This is very random, i can go an our or so without it happening then withing 5 minutes it happens 3 times! I also cleaned the carborator and found a little bit of dirt on the very bottom, it was the container underneath the floats. I diddnt get down to the floats. Should i reclean my carb? where do i clean? WHat all should i do? Thanks

ryann mx68
03-26-2006, 12:31 PM
i would take the carb completely off, remove all jets, blow out carb w/ carb cleaner [all passages + jets] remove float assbly clean metering jet [looks like a plumb bob-controls amt of flow]

smallest piece of something could really make you chase your tail

compedge
03-26-2006, 12:45 PM
sounds like water in the carb or in the gas tank. did you drain the fuel tank?

450rJam
03-26-2006, 03:20 PM
does sound like you have water in the fuel system shine a flashlight down the gas tank and see if there are bubbles in the bottom, sometimes have to shake it a little . the water is heavier than gas and will settle to the bottom and give you fits.

TheBlasterMan
03-26-2006, 05:55 PM
i did drain the gas out but i diddnt shake the gas can around. I will tear it down and clean it to perfection!