PDA

View Full Version : info needed ASAP~~Chain Tensioner instructions~~

QuadJunkies
03-26-2006, 11:18 AM
We got a Chain Tensioner for the E-ton and we need clear photos,where you drill, and how EVERTHING mounted up. The pictures shows that the roller doesnt lift up on the chain much, but if we mount it accordingly to written instructions,the roller wants to push the chain up 3-4 inches.

Troys about to lose his patience!
:scary: :p lol

newnick
03-26-2006, 07:38 PM
What kind is it? We have an HPD made for a preditor or Viper. It took myself and my son and the dog to get it on the first time but now I can do it by myself. Spike had some good pics posted of his sons, thats what I used to compliment the instructions.

QuadJunkies
03-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Ill have to ask cause Im not sure who makes it, We got it from Hetrick. :confused:

newnick
03-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Sounds like you have to much slack in the chain. On ours I've replaced the chain,longer swingarm, different sprockets, just like you probly have done to yours. I have recently tried to set it up to be able to use 3 different front sprockets and one rear without needing a different chain. You may need to adjust the size of your chain if it's to long. I know it shouldn't be done but I use two master links if I need to make the chain longer.

dodgepower
04-06-2006, 10:25 PM
QJ,

Email MXMIKE about it. We put that one sharkbaits old Xtreme and Mike Jr's ETON. Hes got it down so he can help ya out with that. I was cussing and throwing wrenches till big mike helped me out.:devil:

QuadJunkies
04-07-2006, 12:11 AM
LOL!! I gues we had it on correctly the 1st time, it just didint looks or seem right the way its set up I guess.We called and talked to Hetricks justto make sure
We ran the minis for a bit this past wk end and seemed to be fine. thanks though! :)