PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel Toe / alignment settings

slief
03-26-2006, 09:49 AM
I was wondering how people are setting their front wheel toe alignment up. I ride mostly desert but plan on duning as well. Stock, it looks like the wheels are toe's out. From what I have seen on pictures of other owners bikes, many were toed inward.

What is the best way to go and what are the results? I would imagine it depends on the type of riding but since I have never messed with Toe settings on a quad, I am a bit nieve.

Thanks!
Scott

TBD
03-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by slief
I was wondering how people are setting their front wheel toe alignment up. I ride mostly desert but plan on duning as well. Stock, it looks like the wheels are toe's out. From what I have seen on pictures of other owners bikes, many were toed inward.

What is the best way to go and what are the results? I would imagine it depends on the type of riding but since I have never messed with Toe settings on a quad, I am a bit nieve.

Thanks!
Scott
Toe settings are very important as far as handling goes. I would suggest 1/8"-1/4" toe in.

KWAD GAWD
03-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Measure with the bars perfectly straight on level ground. Measure the front of the front tires, the distance from inside of the tire sidewall, mid-tire across to the other tire in the same location. Write that down.
Then measure the back of the front tires in approx. the same place and write that down. Be precise as possible. The front of the tires measurement should be 1/8"-1/4" less than the back measurement. This is just a standard way of doing toe, most recommend 1/8"-1/4". For desert racing, high straightaway speeds, for stability reasons I'm sure you wouldn't want any more than 1/8".

CdaleXtreme
03-28-2006, 05:40 PM
I akes Todd Cox at the Suzuki Rig at Gatorback, and he said they run the alignment at zero.

I didnt think that sounded right. I wanted to do the usual 1/8 in that we have been doing since the 250R days.

Has anyone had any real experience with trying different setups on the LTR.

I think they are set at zero from teh factory. Somone correct me if I am wrong.

LTandRaptorider
03-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Page 114 of the April 2006 ATVSport has a tutorial on setting the toe. ;)

1/8"-1/4" toe-in is good for most riding. Very important to check this for proper handling. A toe-out condition= very bad handling/steering.

DezSled
03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Suzuki service manual Chassis section 7-52

Toe-in Standard: 0 + or - 4 mm (0 + or - .16 in.)

OKTRX450R
03-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by DezSled
Suzuki service manual Chassis section 7-52

Toe-in Standard: 0 + or - 4 mm (0 + or - .16 in.)

Where did you get a service manual? My dealer states they are still unavailable and I can not find one at any of the online parts houses...thanks!

slief
03-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I will have to make some changes as it almost looks like it is towed out. Thanks for the info on how to measure the tow. That will help a lot as well!
Thanks again!
Scott

DezSled
04-03-2006, 11:26 PM
online at bellsuzuki.com they are advertised for $56.00
859-299-3521 p/n 99500-44060-03E