PDA

View Full Version : tranny or torque converter??

Stevie-D
03-26-2006, 09:14 AM
ive got a 93 dodge ram 150...went out this morning, started it up, put it into reverse...and it stalled. it grabbed really good and jerked the truck back...same thing happens in drive. its got an automatic tranny.. it still wont stay running in gear, and the engine (318) won't hold an idle. what the heck is going on????

fast_enough
03-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Man, didn't you just get this thing too? Does it just do it when its cold or when its hot too?

Stevie-D
03-26-2006, 11:20 AM
ya i did just get it. talk about ****ty luck. i think that i blew the torque convertor:devil: motor runs awesome..handles good.

ran fine last night..
i threw the rear end up on jackstands and threw it into gear. goes into gear and the wheels turn fine. tranny shifts good. however, when i get on the brakes, it doesnt want to stop and when it does it stalls. i got it moving down the road drives like normal. when i get on the brakes, she stalls. :confused: it's like coming to a stop with a manual without using the clutch:huh

im leaning towards the torque convertor. im gonna have a guy look at it before i tear it all apart.

Which 450?
03-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Id say torque converter, but that is very strange.