PDA

View Full Version : Pv, Non Pv

waddle
03-26-2006, 08:41 AM
i had a 330pv, and would like another one, but i found a good deal on a 350 non pv,,, is this bike going to have any low end to midrange power at all? i know the pv's do,,,, thanks guys

250-R-250
03-26-2006, 10:11 AM
How could a 350 Not? Yes you will have the hit on bottem. It will just come on different then with the pv.:devil:

Iliketogofast
03-26-2006, 10:52 AM
If I'm correct, a powervalve is actually there it soften the hit that comes with a big bore 2 stroke engine and make it more ridable.

GOTFEAR
03-26-2006, 11:41 AM
I run a 350 no p/v and its fast *** hell i ran mx races with P/V bikes and i cant tell if its better or not it seemes to me the P/V bikes clutch les than my no P/V but i dont think it matters on the gat if you have it or not or on long straights so the only advantage to me on having a P/V is off the corners thats my thinking.

mox007edinboro
03-27-2006, 06:40 PM
ok, now tell me if I understand this incorrectly, but the way I thought a powervavle worked was that it basically just let a motor extend the RPM's, like say your non pv motor would top out at 9 grand, a pv motor would top out at 11 grand. So I don't understand how a PV motor would help on the bottom end, if you need more just shift up to the next gear ? Correct ? Just the way I understood it.... please correct me if I'm wrong....

waddle
03-27-2006, 06:56 PM
thanks for the input guys,,, i really loved the bottom end and mid punch that pv had, i guess i just need to ride one,,, i hope it does pull good on bottom though, thanks guys

hondardr4life
03-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by mox007edinboro
ok, now tell me if I understand this incorrectly, but the way I thought a powervavle worked was that it basically just let a motor extend the RPM's, like say your non pv motor would top out at 9 grand, a pv motor would top out at 11 grand. So I don't understand how a PV motor would help on the bottom end, if you need more just shift up to the next gear ? Correct ? Just the way I understood it.... please correct me if I'm wrong....

wrong, a PV make it run like a 4 stroke. It gives it power right off of idle, just like a 4 stroke. Normally, you would have to wait a few seconds for it to get into the powerband, or clutch it up, to get your rpms up into the powerband. It's harder to be fast on a non PV than a PV, because the PV runs very similar to a 4 stroke. About wether the 350 non PV will have bottom end. Talk to ESR or whoever made it about runing a spacer plate, if it doesnt come with one. The spacer plate helps smooth the power curve a little. You won't get the power straight off of idle on a non PV like you did on your PV. You will just haveto get it into the powerband, but once its there, you better believe it will have a lot of power.

Iliketogofast
03-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Why the hell two stroke to run like a four stroke? They're slow!

waddle
03-27-2006, 07:26 PM
o yea guys i forgot to mention its a CT 350 set up for TT ,,,, im guessing lots of mid to top end power????

waddle
03-27-2006, 07:46 PM
if not i guess i could sell it and then go searching for a PV cylinder since ill already have a good bottom end motor, Would that cylinder be hard to sell? what price,? thanks guys