PDA

View Full Version : Info Exhaust Spark Arresor

franciscoluis
07-26-2002, 11:17 AM
I ride without the spark arrestor (stock) its bad to the motor???
Please help me... Thanks.

Razorback
07-26-2002, 11:38 AM
no, it's not going to be bad for the motor. a spark arrestor's purpose is to arrest or kill sparks before they can exit the silencer and possibly start a fire in the woods. that's why national forest riding areas require one.

now, in the case of a white bros silencer, taking the spark arrestor out will likely cause a degrade in performance. other pipes may also suffer from this because it changes the back-pressure from the silencer.

UglyMotha™
07-26-2002, 11:40 AM
why would that be bad other than it sounds like crap with the arrestor out and it won't hurt the motor just now you have the possibility of shooting sparks out the muffler and starting a forest fire and we all know what smokey the bear says

07-26-2002, 12:10 PM
it is bad for your valves

UglyMotha™
07-26-2002, 12:26 PM
:huh not to run the stock muffler without a spark arrestor it can be bad to run some aftermarkets without there spark arrestors be cause there designed to be free flowing as possible with the spark arrestor but if you remove the spark arrestor from the stock muffler you really arnt making it more free flowing than it is with the spark arrestor cause there is still a baffle inside the muffler so it's not bad for the valves

07-26-2002, 12:31 PM
it will burn your valves up if u r runnin the stok motor and no atfmarket jet or air filter.it happened 2 mine.get a k&n jet kit and air filter asap.or put the s/a back in.even then it would be better to get a slip on with that kit.

UglyMotha™
07-26-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by raptoreatin-400
it will burn your valves up if u r runnin the stok motor and no atfmarket jet or air filter.it happened 2 mine.get a k&n jet kit and air filter asap.or put the s/a back in.even then it would be better to get a slip on with that kit.

eh:rolleyes: before i had money to blow on my toys i used to all the cheap mods such as taking out the baffle, spark arrestor, drilling holes in the air box without rejetting and i have yet to burn a valve, **** i have a 88 hond fourtraxx 300 that is as old as you are and has had the baffle removed since day one and it is still running stronger than ever to this day "no burnt valves" and this thing has had the snot beat out of it

franciscoluis
08-05-2002, 05:31 PM
Thank you all

cheetah
08-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Why would you want to run it with the spark arrestor out and risk starting a fire? Could you imagine if that happened and the traced it back to an atv? We don't need any anti-atv people getting their hands on something like that.

No flame, just how I feel.:D