PDA

View Full Version : shipping fraud??!

exracer330
03-25-2006, 09:50 PM
hi guys...
im tryin to sell my 300ex and i put it on here as well as a place called monkey ads after posting on the ad site i recieved this as a 2nd email from this person talking about the payments. im thinking its a fraud and would take some more opinions gladly to see if anyone else has done this? maybe im missing out.

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me well,also i will like to have more informations that may be useful about it and if possible the picture , i am presently in the Western Africa now but,there won't be any probs about the shipment,after payment ,the pick up will be made at your place. i have made arrangements with the prepaid shipping company.
As regards payment,this is what i am going to do.I have a client in the US who is owing me $3,900 i would instruct him to
makeout a Money Order/Certified Cashiers Check to you in that amount and as soon as it clears your bank. you can now deduct your money from it and send me my balance via western union ,i will be using part of the money to pay for the shipping and other expenses ..Although the value of the check is more than the asking price but i think i should be able to trust you with my balance.
So if my terms are acceptable to you,i would like you to give me your full name,address ''not P.O BOX'' and phone number so that i can instruct my client to make out the check to you.
Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so that we can round things up in a timely fashion.
Thanks in this regard,

lmk what you think guys...thanks in advance.

andrew

tater_kamik
03-25-2006, 09:52 PM
scam!

450robot
03-25-2006, 09:55 PM
its a scam! and a well known one at that!

Pappy
03-25-2006, 10:08 PM
you have been warned, it is indeed a scam.