PDA

View Full Version : need help fast look here

wantablaster
03-25-2006, 08:40 PM
mods please dont delete this im not getting any replies in the other sections and thought I might get some help here.
I am having a problem with my 300ex starting after I ride it for a little while.
The past couple of days when I have rode my 300ex it will start before I ride it and then if im riding for a while and stop and shut it off it wont start usually it wont even make a noise like its going to start or it will just sputter like there was no spark but I just put a new plug in today and it started fine when I first took it out then it had these problems again. Also I can catch it in gear and it will start after im riding a while, I only have these problems after I have been riding for a little while. It did this to me yesterday and couldnt get it to start again but then it started for me this morning. Also I know that I need to rejet my plug was alittle black when I took it out.
What is wrong with it and what should I check for and what would I be able to do to make it run cooler.

Thanks, mods please dont delete this.

03-25-2006, 08:42 PM
black plug means rich. your symptoms sounds like a rich mixture. you need to fix this by putting in a smaller main jet ;)

Honda TRX250ex
03-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Are you running race fuel? Check to see if your getting oil to the topend.

wantablaster
03-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
Are you running race fuel? Check to see if your getting oil to the topend.
No im not running rave fuel im running 93 it is the highest they sell at the gas stations around here and im pretty sure its getting oil to the top end because it runs fine it just takes a while to start after I ride for a while.

Honda TRX250ex
03-25-2006, 09:08 PM
I would try to run race fuel. 11.1 compression requires race fuel. And also like MixMasterMike put in a smaller main jet.

wantablaster
03-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
I would try to run race fuel. 11.1 compression requires race fuel. And also like MixMasterMike put in a smaller main jet.
I dont have the money for race fuel now ( would adding some octane booster help ) but I was told by the people I bought it off that they ran 93 they did all of the motorwork in their machine shop. And I am going to get a smaller main jet to put in to thanks for the help.