PDA

View Full Version : 05 Z400?

Hondaracing819
03-25-2006, 06:48 PM
How do you guys like your 05 Z400's.
Thinking about getting one. Whats good about it and What is bad about it? Any problems with them?
Thanks

Byte
03-28-2006, 01:54 PM
The corrosion problem on the magnesium clutch plate sucks...

montycarlo
03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Bought my 05 Z coming up from a Warrior. I absolutely love it. Arm pump became a thing of the fast and the throttle is sooooo light I don't ever have to palm it by the end of a 2 hr race. Only drawback I can think of is the lack of bottom end power. Easily fixed with some mods I'm sure, but mine is stock. I just learned NOT TO LUG it in the woods like I could on my Warriors. It always has enough power in confined areas; I only wanted more power when I rode at Little Sahara.

Also note: I don't race MX at all.... only woods harescrambles.

xRWMx
04-25-2006, 10:41 PM
i love mine... but if u want to race ur gonna need some cc's

Villageidiott22
04-26-2006, 06:08 AM
i thought it had plenty of lowend torq. i just got an 06 and 1st and 2nd are the best gears.

montycarlo
04-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Villageidiott22
i thought it had plenty of lowend torq.

Yeaaaaa well..... I'm an old Warrior rider. The way I had my last Warrior built it had a lot more on the bottom and could lug it without being uncomfortable about it. That's all I'm comparing it too. When the Z was new I was forever stalling it out. With time & practice it's all good! :p

YFZ450Ridr
04-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by montycarlo
Yeaaaaa well..... I'm an old Warrior rider. The way I had my last Warrior built it had a lot more on the bottom and could lug it without being uncomfortable about it. That's all I'm comparing it too. When the Z was new I was forever stalling it out. With time & practice it's all good! :p

funny, when my dad got his z400 he said that his old warrior could pull the z around the yard:p

i agree though, stock the z has a big lack of bottom end power. we put a UNI filter, outerwears, removed air box lid, and used a 175 main jet for his and it rips and pulls hard. not quite as hard as mine with the same mods and a pipe on it tough.