PDA

View Full Version : No link rear shock..... airbox

Meat
03-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Ok guys I got a nice "no-link" swingarm and rear shock for my 250r and Im looking for advice on what airbox setup to use. Whatcha all using, what do you like about it and what dont you like about it.

From what I gather there are two ways to go, the LoneStar airbox, which I havent heard alot of good things about, and then there the LT500 airboot with a stock box. I don't know much about that setup:)

Any input would be great.

Any no-link airboxes for sale ??

thanks
denny:chinese:

jon370r
03-25-2006, 06:31 PM
I still run a no link set up on my Black and Blue Quad. I have 2 filter set ups and both use the LT500 air boot. One set up is a cut up stock airbox for when I know its going to be real nasty out (like Coalfest) and the other set up is an open filter. The airbox needs to be moved back about 3-4 inches to clear the shock durring travel.

By the way I didn't really like the filter design on the Lonestar box. It looked like it would be real easy to get gaps that would allow dirt through where the filter sealed on the box.

Meat
03-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I def dont want the open filter setup. i need a box. I ran an open airfilter on my banshee for along time, but I got sick of dodging puddles so I put the airbox back on.

i have a new aluminum airbox that I was going to use, but I thought I would have to sell it now that I have the no-link rear. So your telling me that I can keep my aluminum airbox, move it back a few inches and add an Lt 500 boot and I'm good to go ? Id really like to keep my aluminum airbox ya know:)

Meat
03-28-2006, 03:37 PM
anyone have any pictures of an airbox with a no-link setup ??

hontrx265r
03-28-2006, 08:42 PM
here is a link to a couple I can email you some more if you'd like
the pics are on page 7 of this 101 post thread
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207280&perpage=15&pagenumber=7

LAWLESS23
03-29-2006, 06:30 AM
Well....I had that same problem a couple of years ago!! I am running the no-link with a CRF450 motor. As you all know the 4 strokes are VERY tempermental with ANY dirt. At first I was running the Lonestar airbox and loving it (it looks bad*ss)! The Lonestar airbox is a pain to clean because you have to take it apart. I rode at dusty tracks and was ALWAYS doing it. I decided to put on a stock plastic 250r box with the LT500 airboot and a UNI filter. The LT boot looks like it is made for this setup. Like said before...you have to cut and move the box back in the subframe about 2-5 inches. You will also need an exhaust piece that will cover the space from the LT boot to the carb(this part is a pain). I can send you pics of mine if you still need them. ....or if you'd like to try the Lonestar setup, I have one for sale! $85